Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a scary 2 hour ride at night on the expressway, I decide to upgrade my headlight bulb with a Sylvania ZEVO LED bulb. A combination of a new black paved road, a swarm of bugs on my faceshield, and a dump truck blowing it's radiator in front of me and the mist getting on my face shield, made it very difficult to see the road. Just the black road itself was hard to see before the face shield got hit.

The LED bulb is amazing. Sylvania advertises them as providing 100% more light output and I'd say it's true. A nice white light too makes it easier to see on darker pavement. The beam pattern is good too, same as the stock lamp.

I did a short video on it:

·
Registered
945 Posts
That’s nice ! Thanks for the video, well done. Good to see an upgrade that doesn’t require an engineering degree to install.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s nice ! Thanks for the video, well done. Good to see an upgrade that doesn’t require an engineering degree to install.
Actually, I do have an electrical engineering degree, LOL. But yes, very easy to do.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pilot048
Would you happen to know if they make the high beam too?
The high beam is an H1 bulb. Sylvania does not make one yet. There are some aftermarket brands. Not sure how well they work or if they'll fit the 696. There is less room for the high beam bulb. The back cover of the headlight assembly slants inward towards the bottom by the high beam bulb. Would be a tight fit without cutting a hole in the cover. I'm just going to put a Silverstar Ultra in for the high beam for now.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks for the info. I've been wanting to go to LED route also for the headlight. Seems dark at night to the point I really don't want to even ride it. Thx again and thx for the vid.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I've been wanting to go to LED route also for the headlight. Seems dark at night to the point I really don't want to even ride it. Thx again and thx for the vid.
Welcome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts