Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some experience mounting my arrow carby high mount pipes. It seems that for '07 there is a fuel filter (?) that is mounted in the path of the right midpipe. Arrow denies any difference from previous models, but the unit is clearly in the way. can this be rerouted? my other alternative is to exchange the pipes for the termignonis with a price tag that is double ($1800!). I'm very frustrated and eager to get this exhaust on, so please help. thank you.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Its an emissions canister and you can remove it. There are tons of threads on how to do this and it only takes about 10 minutes. Very simple and you lose 1.5lbs in the process.

G

·
Hey jbulluck you get them installed yet? i'm installing mine tonight!!!

Hey hyperM3 anything i should know before i start on the install?? anything will help. thanks
ohh yea,you on e46fanatics? my s/n is touring. thanks

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I did mine (see below) Only trick is in removing left rearset is loosening of kickstand. Be sure to get someone to hold the bike upright as you remove. I removed emissions canister it was easy, and lets you open up views of the frame, that sweet trellis frame! [thumbsup]

G

·
chipazzo said:
I did mine (see below) Only trick is in removing left rearset is loosening of kickstand. Be sure to get someone to hold the bike upright as you remove. I removed emissions canister it was easy, and lets you open up views of the frame, that sweet trellis frame! [thumbsup]
i didnt have to remove any rear seat for the install or loosen the kickstand. maybe cause you have a diferent bike ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got my new Arrows on my '05 620 Monster this Friday, I wasn't too impressed with the sound at first. But now they seem to be breaking in and sounding better and better the more km's I get on them.
My question is towards the Emissions Canister I removed. I did alot of reading on the process. They all mention plugging the body ends, I however out of curiousity didn't and it seems to be running just fine. The ends on those components have what seems to be a pinhole on the ends.
Am I potentially causing any damage to the engine or any other components in the long run, or am I just lucking out and things might start acting up a few hundred km's down the road?

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
No first hand experience here, but at best you are introducing unfiltered air, although apparently a very small amount. At worst you have a minor intake leak that could contribute to a leaner condition. I'd be inclined to put on some vacuum caps or stubby M5 bolts with loctite.

BK

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
touring said:
Hey jbulluck you get them installed yet? i'm installing mine tonight!!!

Hey hyperM3 anything i should know before i start on the install?? anything will help. thanks
ohh yea,you on e46fanatics? my s/n is touring. thanks
I just saw this post, havent been on the forum in a while. Did you install them yet? Actually I have an e36M3 so not on e46fanatics much. Actual reason I havent been on this forum in a while is because I picked up a 335i and have been whoring it up on e90post.com.

G

·
That car is beatiful but the power to cost ratio just turns me away. It says that it does the 1/4 just as fast as the GT but they can never keep up with me [cheeky] In the end i would rather have a 335i but dont let the guys at the mustang forum find out i said that :-X Get a sound clip up of your exhaust on the bike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.