1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Looks like a great item...I'd feel a little more secure if I wore one on those.

G

·
Believe Dainese is working on a vest that is controled by computer not ripcord...saw it online didn't bookmark the page. I still would hate to shell out the money to buy one to accidentally set it off...the repacking fee is probably 6 times the cost of a new one.

·
Registered
455 Posts
You know what would be sooooooper-cool is an airbag system that inflates into a giant ball around you like you see in that Jackie Chan movie where he goes rolling down the cliff. That way, we can just bounce off those stupid cagers, deer, logs, whatever that insist on getting in our way.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
like the avalanche coat in "the world is not enough"?

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I saw something on TV a while back about the making of a demo or commercial for this type of vest. The rider did numerous takes on a bike with cleverly camouflaged crash bars that minimized damage each time he threw it down to avoid slamming his body into a truck that pulls out in front of him. That might have been on discovery channel - not sure.

I was as amazed at how you didn't see the crash bars on the bike until they were pointed out as I was at how the inflatable vest seemed to work. THe rider just kept doing it over and over again, so it must have been giving him fairly good protection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dainese has been developing this " jacket " for the last three or four years. They are getting a lot closer to being able to release it. It is pretty incredible. Check out their web site they have a test on it. Wild!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts