Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm the new owner of a nice red '07 695. I love my new bike, but find the seat height is a little low. I'm 5'10" (178cm) tall, and would appreciate another 2cm or so of height. The seat height (stock) is just 770mm as it comes.

I've searched, and find lots of stuff on lowering the seat height, but very little on raising it.

I wound in a turn of extra preload on the rear shock (the link isn't adjustable, alas), which gave me a tiny bit of extra seat height when my bum is on it (and improved the handling as well), but obviously just adding preload isn't going to work. Ideally if I could find a slightly longer linkage, that would be perfect. Do the linkages from any other models fit the 695?

I guess my other option would be a new seat, but so far that appears to be pretty expensive, and from looking at the Corbin site, would only give me 10-12mm anyway.

I'm also looking at dropping the bars, in order to get some weight off my bum - my previous bike had much lower bars than the monster. I'm liking the look of the Rizoma clip-ons and triple clamp, but of course there's significant cost to them as well.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
94 Posts
go for a s2r 1k link, or 999 link they are longer.
but then you may have to change the kickstand as you raise the rear.

I wanted rizoma at first but didnot do so.
rizoma bars are ugly when put on (IMO)
I would change to something else. I have lsl clip ons with speedymoto
top triple. but realized I should have gotten the ones with top clamp
instead of this flat top one. so many other stuff can use that bar clamp.

e.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts