1 - 20 of 3403 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Duc story

I got the drunk dial to go to Rockfest at Columbia Meadows

I ended up getting there around 6:30 PM

The tickets at the door were over 50 bucks.

Right before the ticket window a girl comes up and says

"are you going in" I looked at her like she's crazy and say yes.
"do you have a ticket" I say no and think 'Scalper', then she hands me a ticket and I reach for my wallet and she says "no thanks, have fun".

Woo hoo

Then at the beer garden the cute little girl checking ID's says "what do you ride?"

I tell her it's a Ducati and boom, no more beer garden lines for me ;D

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Nice job Mother !

You didnt drink and ride tho, right ? You were just getting those beers for some little hottie who you wanted to impress by not having to wait in line, right. :p

Maurice

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
err, yeah...um ...right, no drinking for me. Never touch the stuff, bad for you.

And I forgot to mention she let me slip past because she has a cat named Ducati.

At first I thought she said her Kid's name was Ducati. I smiled sweetly and thought

"freak" but she was cute so whatever works for her.

The Hooter's girl's were serving the beer, that was a nice touch.

But the event organizers waited 1.5hrs between El Nino and Mudvayne. That sucked.

Way too much time spent watching the tweakers and freaks. Saw about 6 fights resulting in moderate blood loss and one little girl got knocked-the-****-OUT.

Bummer 'cause she was hot.

Oh and let's not talk about my bike problems, I think she is only happy when she gets new parts.
And here I thought bikes and girlfriends were different.

The brake issue is fixed, it was only a $30.00 error. ALWAYS keep old stock parts, AlWAYS.

The clutch thing is just ... :mad: maddening. AAAHhhhhRRRRGGG. but it could be 'cause she wants a bath REAL bad.

Let's see, no more ramblings. OH, has anyone ran into Nitewaif yet?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More ramblings

Hope you guys are enjoying your ride.

I had a passing hello with some duc people this AM at breakfast.

Steak and Eggs at The Huck' Mmmm.

Nice couple and their daughter.

Riding a ST3, a Multi, and a 748.

From California, I can't imagine riding that 748 from Cali but I guess one of 'em was tough.

Holy **** do I want an ST3.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
More inane ramblings

Went to Motocorsa yesterday. I was in portland and noticed I had finally burned up another rear tire.

6500 miles out of a Diablo doesn't seem too bad. They got my bike in and out and the cost was not as bad as I was preparing for.

I usually order tires from swmototires.com but forgot about them while i was putting it back together from Febuary's get off.

The nice people let me grab a chair and ass out for a while watching racing. That was fun being crammed between the Multi's and watch the AMA's.

The couch got moved out so they could have room for those damn lotus' things though.

That should be re-thought, but whatever it ain't my shop.

I thought I would get razzed pretty hard since my monster is...well, y'all have seen her. She isn't the prettiest girl at the party. I've always thought the Motocorsa folks were a touch on the elitest end of things but several people said she looked "mean" I guess that's a compliment.

I went up the mountain to scrub off the stripes as best I could but ran smack dab into another saturation patrol. Not good, especially on a weekday!!! WTF is up with that?

They have those things on the weekends usually.

So I had to bail off 26 and shoot up Timberline RD a few times. I can get 'em down to just shy of 3/4 of an inch but not any farther.

Anyone have any idea's other than go faster or get out the wire brush?

Hhmm, that is all.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Wire brush? Nah, you want to use a rotary sander. ;)

I know what you mean about Moto Corsa, they seem like they're all into the high end sport bikes and such, but check out the bikes they ride and it's a different story. I got some nice comments on my pipe wrap and flat black cans, said it looked "mean". >:D

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
I have always had a great experiance with motocorsa. Arun doesnt know my first name, but kat and derek do and to me thats all that matters. :) I just hope they can get the parts to fix my bike in a reasonable time.

Maurice

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yup I had good luck with them also. [thumbsup] - Service, tires, belts and a G2. Whew, now I just have to put my new rotors, pads, slipper clutch and drop off my forks at GP Suspension in Oregon City( http://www.gpsuspension.com/index.htm $475.00 set up for your weight/specs). ;D I'm almost ready!
                                                        Jerry

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
The weather is a non stop dreary downpour with some hail is all not snow, thank Buddha.

I went outside to check the weather and the ground was white.

I ****.

But it was only hail. It is all gone.

I'll see you guys tomorrow if the weather doesn't suck ass.

I spent all day in beaver-town on 185th and Walker doing my IRT Class

I passed, yeah for me I am finally legal.

I was told that I need to work on looking through the turn more.

And

I need to start using my front brake more and stop relying on engine breaking.

I said

"Yeah, whatever ::) Have you ever had a V-twin with a Nichols and 14/46 gearing?
You don't need brakes just let off the gas"

Anyway bad habits left over from when my front brakes were shot. I learned to ride without them.

Even though it caused a minor rear brake fire.

Oh, there was a Monster in my class. A M750ieD with all DP stuff, pretty nice but I would have **** if I spent as much money as this guy did on DP performance pipes and have them sound quite compared to a set of chopped Strati pipes.

I was joking with him and said he is going to have to upgrade to a new S2R.

He replied "nah, I just upgraded to a 999, I ride this(the monster) because it is more comfortable at low speed."

I said "oh"

Also, a F-18 did a badass 180 right above us at about 800ft with the burners on.
That was ****ing impressive.

OK I outtee

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
I was late(as usual) I got to Motocorsa at about 3:20pm I went down to Mcminnville anyway to see if I could catch you guys at the Hogie spot but didn't see any Ducs.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
they told me that they didn't want your ugly bike making theirs look bad so they all scrambled when they heard you coming....
they also didn't want me to tell you this... ::) ;D

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Awww jeez, my bike just pissed itself.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Mwahahahahahah, yes hahahaha, see my monster and fear me!!! Mwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Now if only I could ride as good a they do :-[

1 - 20 of 3403 Posts