Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, my primary reason for visiting Nashville is to look at motorcycles. I sold my last one about a year ago, and have decided it's time to get another. The S2R 800 is currently at the top of the shopping list. I live about 200 miles from Nashville, but you guys probably have the closest big Ducati dealership. I've heard good things about the one up in Springfield IL, and I will probably check it out later (Springfield is actually the same distance from me as Nashville). Anyway, I'm obviously going to spend some time at Bloodworth. I'm also hoping to swing a leg over a BMW F 800 ST and maybe a BMW R 1200 R while I'm there. Both of those are also on my list to look at.

The other place I plan to check out is Castle Powersports in Madison. A couple other bikes they have that I'd like to give one last look include the Triumph Bonneville and the Kawasaki Ninja 650R. As you can see, I still have a broad spectrum of bikes that interest me. I'm guessing the Monster will win, but I plan to take my time with this purchase.

My questions to you local guys are...

What other dealerships/shops would be worth checking out?

What things would you recommend someone do if they were going to spend one or two days in town?

I'll be in the Nashville area this Wednesday and Thursday (15 & 16 Aug). Thanks for any help! ;D

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Buford said:
What other dealerships/shops would be worth checking out?
There is Bloodworth's BMW - the dealer you are talking about. Has both BMW & Ducati. Selection is a little limited (Nashville is no Houston or Atlanta) but you can get an idea, heck they may even have the color you are after. There's a 1098s in the showroom.

Check out Corse Motorsports on 4th Ave. So. Pop in and say hey to Alain & Andy, they run a great shop. I'll be down there Wednesday afternoon/evening most likely. No new sales, but great service, lots of cool bikes in there, etc. http://www.corsemotorsports.com/

Buford said:
What things would you recommend someone do if they were going to spend one or two days in town?
There are a bunch of brew pubs dowtown along with lots of live music. I'd try out the broadway bar crawl and check out the music one night. There's also the Hillsboro Village area (21st Ave - not far from Bloodworths) which is where Vanderbilt is located. I'd personally avoid 2nd avenue because trendy bars are lame imo.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
ATO Memphis said:
a bunch of brew pubs dowtown
i can think of 2, Boscoe's and Blackstone

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
ya I forgot Yazoo but afaik it's not a place you go to hangout, they have a tasting room. BBH/Mojo has lots o beers as does Saucer but they don't brew so I didn't include them. The Irish place might be what was the old Seanachie??

oops Market Street Brewery is on 2nd also...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts