Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2015 1200s and I’m super happy with it. I think they added the quick shifter to the new model and made the new gen with a slightly shorter wheelbase. It’s also actually a little heavier if I remember correctly. Haven’t had the chance to test ride the new one and after watching some reviews, I didn’t get excited enough about the potential improvements to be compelled to switching from my current bike so kind of ruled it out based on that. I bought the 1200s that I have new. While it was great buying a brand new bike knowing it came right off the assembly line, if money is your concern, you can save a ton by buying a used bike (that’s certainly something I’d consider going forward)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2015 1200s and I’m super happy with it. I think they added the quick shifter to the new model and made the new gen with a slightly shorter wheelbase. It’s also actually a little heavier if I remember correctly. Haven’t had the chance to test ride the new one and after watching some reviews, I didn’t get excited enough about the potential improvements to be compelled to switching from my current bike so kind of ruled it out based on that. I bought the 1200s that I have new. While it was great buying a brand new bike knowing it came right off the assembly line, if money is your concern, you can save a ton by buying a used bike (that’s certainly something I’d consider going forward)
Oh and it also looks like an actual fuel gauge on the 2020 at least for the dark version (versus the simple fuel light). This feature add could make it less of a Monster for many purists haha...

·
Registered
700 Posts
If you don't care about the massive HP and the longer service intervals of the newer liquid cooled (2014~date), I'd choose a 2013 Monster 1100 Evo. Drop-Dead Gorgeous.
Why not keep the Multi (which you invested a lot of money in a/m parts) and just get a Monster as a second bike for sport cruising? They're totally different. You can't tour or two-up comfortably on a Monster. Moreover, an older Monster is not that expensive. Just saying without knowing your financial situation of course.
I'm writing from personal experience as that's the bike combo I have now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bought a 2014 1200S with 1000 miles on it, like new. Havent received it yet, shipper suppose to get it sometime within the next 10 days. Looked hard at the 1100 EVO but decided for a few thousand more (bought the 1200S in the mid 8s) the 1200S was the way to go.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Well done. 1000 miles is brand new in my opinion. I still suggest you keep the Multi. You have a lot of cash invested there.
The Monster sucks at long distances for lack of wind protection and adding a windshield and bags is ghetto. Anyways that's my 2c worth. Congrats again. Try to keep that front wheel down. (y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Dar, sold the Multistrada and all accessories. Came out decent on it. I've no intentions of replacing it with another sport tourer but you know how that goes. If I do, it will be a lower seat height. In the meantime I've built up a pretty darn neat Z900RS. Full exhaust, levers, mirrors, Chic Design front fairing (basically a replica of the Cafe fairing), Ermax belly pan, etc. Got it putting out 119 hp. Here's a pic of the bike with the fairing and belly pan (not mine) https://images.z900rs.co.uk/IMG_4571.png. Pics don't do it justice. Beautiful bike in person.

·
Registered
700 Posts
That's a sweet looking Z900RS. Love that cafe style.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts