Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently had my 2003 620i.e. shipped to Guam and damaged the dash during the move. It was cracked open upon falling to its side when we were moving the truck to off-load it at the port.

I had it rebuilt just before coming out here (didn't have much time), but I just reassembled everything and it doesn't start.

(A brief synopsis of what does* happen: In neutral, on/off switch to "on", turn key and needles spike/fuel-pump(?) activates-- sounds good, but the bike doesn't start when the start button is pushed. The check-engine light, oil-light, and right blinker (why??) all come on and stay on (the blinker flashes). The yellow light (immobilizer?) also comes on and stays on, but returns to blinking when the key is turned "off".

I have the red key, and both black keys, but no key card.

I have heard that the pin/card is available and NOT available through ducati/dealers.
I have also heard and read that the immobilizer is a likely culprit in these situations, but there is soooooo much b.s. on the web.

I understand that there is a way to disable the immobilizer using the throttle, but you apparently need the code(?)...

If anyone has *experience* with this-- first-hand, please, I would love to hear your advice/thoughts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is going to sound a little dumb. With the exception of the blinker... this has happened to me. Disconnect the battery fully. While your in there you might as well check all your fuses pull your ecu out and re-seat the ecu. By the time all of that is done you should be able to plug the battery back in. Then for some dumb reason. It might start, and the blinker... not a clue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts