Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I registered a while ago but I haven't posted anything yet. I need some help. I drive a 620ie from 2006. When my engine is put into gear, the rear part starts to bounce lightly every few turns. it was thought that it could be the valves but that were measured out and the shims adjusted, but the problem is not gone. does anyone have an idea what this could be? the chain and sprockets were replaced about 500 km ago.
Greetings
Famke

·
Registered
872 Posts
Confused: The rear part of the BIKE starts to bounce ? Every few turns of what, the tire ?
If I guessed right check your chain and sprockets. Sounds like they’re toast.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I don’t know what’s going on but it looks like frozen links on the chain ? 500 km on that chain ? I’m not understanding what the cause could be for it dancing around like that . Maybe it sat in a moist climate ? Cheap chain ? Are you using a sealed motorcycle chain or something from the farm store ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is not the chain because the engine also jerks when the chain and sprockets are off. only then it is less noticeable. It is someting in the motor. I chanched the spakplugs and cut away the first cm of the cable. That didn't help. I took out the feulfilter and cleant out the tank I also cleaned the injection and the lines to the injection. now i need to wait for some parts that i have to buy and then i can test it. I hope it was this.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Have you changed your belts lately ? If so, did it start running funny afterward ? You might be due for fresh belts. At least adjust them .
Its an injected bike, drain it, put fresh fuel and injection cleaner in it, see what happens after it runs a while.
New spark plugs never hurt. Check for steady spark.

·
Registered
201 Posts
After doing all suggested, ie. plugs fuel etc. Maybe have a check of the throttle body sync/balance.
One cylinder leading the other can cause that uneven running.
You will need some 6mm adaptors (or 5mm) for intake tubes, search ebay ? the actual balancer can be made using some clear tubing and something like auto transmission fluid. search home made carb sync tool.
actually setting the balance is a little hard to get to. maybe easier to get a shop to check it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the belt is new, the injections have been cleaned, the fuel filter is new and it is still the same 😪
Sa the balance i will try next... Its getting frustrated. the ducati garage here in norway is very expensive and has a waiting time of 5 weeks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
very simple to make when it's only a twin cylinder, I can't remember if you need 5mm or 6mm adaptors, I have a heap of both. Then a single run of clear tubing between.

I used auto fluid, because it's red and easy to see, plus won't hurt engine if it gets ingested.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! I will try this. I found somebody who is gone help me with this! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts