Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I was desperate to get out of the apartment and took a little trip down to MCC saturday. I was goin' nutso daydreaming about my bike and needed a fix. Keep in mind it's a solid 40 minutes to get there from my place. So I walk in, say hello to Greg, and immediately start to drool. He's got quite a few new bikes in there now. There's a 998 Matrix up by the window - god that bike is beautiful. Thank god it's SOLD because I swear I was about to sell my soul. There's also a 749 Dark that looks pretty sweet, along with a red 749 too. Ruben's blue S4R is still looking for a home (I swear I heard it whisper your name, man). He's also got the new Aprilia RSV-R Factory. Holy Moly. And how can we forget that MV Agusta up by the window too. There are also some new helmets in - a few Arai's that were nice to strap into, a bit small for my noggin though.

All in all, a good day. I got my fix, which might last me a few days. Man, does spring ever make it this far north?!

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
dude, i was at MCC dropping my bike on saturday at around noon. must have just missed ya...

that ducati bike is friggin AWESOME, the green is badass as all fu<k and that style 996 is the best.

skilling says it's supposed to be 55 degrees this weekend. have you got your pipes yet??

G

·
did u ever find out about reprogramming ur chip? cuz i can help put on ur pipes if u wanna save some cash. then can reinvest that savings for more upgrades. haha!

can u tell its getting warmer...im slowly posting again. :)

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did get my pipes! Very excited. Talked to the guys there and they said they can richen the mixture. I'm planning on opening the airbox and getting a K&N filter too. We'll see. Looking forward to letting the lion out of the cage! ;D

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The Termi kit I have came with the open air box, filter, high Termi's, and new ECU. Is that the one you purchased?

So I guess now we have two with high mount Termi's.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I had to pull the trigger once I found them. Man are they beautiful! They are tough to come by nowadays, especially now that Termi has stopped making them. Spent a couple months looking for 'em. Found a shop down in Texas that had one set left. They're high-mount, cf slip-ons. No airbox or new ECU came with them. Definitely looking forward to hearing them! Jason, I think you may have the full system. As far as I know there's no full system for an 800. Thanks guys for all the offers of help. Haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. I might have MCC play with the mixture and hook it up to their set-up.

You're right, Ron, about that 998 body style too. Seeing the **9 and the 998 there together, I find the 998 much more pleasing to the eye...plus that green was just plain killer.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And I'm now only 5 posts (or is it 4) left from Full Member status!

Now there's reason to celebrate! ;D

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I like the old style 916/996/998 way better then the 999/749. Yea, it might be faster but the lines of the old style smoke that of the new.

My kit was around 1700.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine was 1,200 clams. It hurt the wallet big-time, but these were my first choice from the get-go. Ah well, just won't go on any trips this year, it'll be worth it. ;D

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And would you look at that, Full Member status! Wooohooo! I suddenly feel more important already. :p

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was thinking of doing a road trip somewhere this summer. Somewhere beautiful with lots of twisty, mountainous roads. I was talking with a guy at MCC who said he straps on soft saddle bags with his high-mount cf cans. Heat wasn't a problem according to him. Will definitely have to investigate that. Would be nice..

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
C/F works as a heat shield, so it would be fine. Just make sure there is nothing metal or too heavy that could damage the pipe in anyway.

A nice ride would be from Chicago to NYC and then head south.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts