Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey , was looking over my bike today and noticed a few minor imperfections in the tank just about where your knees would rub. They look like some sort of weld marks that weren't completely smoothed out. Sort of like on jeep wranglers if you are familiar with the rustic looking pinch welds on the rear quarter panels. Any one notice these same type of imperfections? Is this common? I am wondering if it is worth mentioning to my dealer. I have only had the bike a few months so I am am still in knit pick mode.

H

·
0 Posts
Stop it. As soon as you bring it to your dealer's attention, that's when it gets knocked over and your screwed. On the other hand, mine has "the" dent in it, so I'm allready screwed!

M

·
0 Posts
This issue has come up before on the board...Ducati obviously knew which tanks wouldn't have a shine..and show defects as much. If you ever went with a shiny finish, the prep would be minimal before paint.

Mine has a wavy area along the back (where your nuts end up during braking). It really shows when wet, but otherwise no big deal.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Herb, by "dent" do you mean the dreaded handle bar dent or you have the same type of poorly finnished tank? So alot of owners have noticed the same type of imperfections? what were the other post's under? It kinda bothers me considering the price of the bike and I know that a suzuki sv650 would have had a nice smoth finnish. I can't stand my local dealer and I can only imagine the "piss off" look they will give me if I mention it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts