Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every body .

I have a Ducati mosnter 620 ie and i have lost immobilizer key is it possible
to solve this problem .Or the sytem is blocked ?.

regards and safe rides

Kirkis

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did some research on this recently when looking at an S4Rs that had lost all but one black key. Here is what I learned (note this is for a 2007-08 S4 bike and may not all apply to an S2). But I hope it is helpful:

v Duc’s should come with a RED KEY and a CODE CARD.
v The red key is for making more black key (starter key) duplicates.
v The code card is to be carried with you in case the IMMOBILIZER fails, the code will allow one to reset it/start over.

v If the red key is lost, one can still have more spare black keys made at various locksmiths, but the code card is irreplaceable. Google Ducati keys, or see: http://www.motorcyclekeys.com/ducatichipkey.html and http://www.allmotorcyclekeys.com/products.php?cat=11

v Motovex (see ebay) in Washington can make new red keys if you send them your gauges, ignition switch and ECU for ~$500. Apparently they cannot decipher the codes from the lost code card.

v If a Duc has a computer/immobilizer failure, then without a code card, the only way to fix it is to:

1. Buy a set of new gauges, ignition switch and ECU and begin again (~$2500).

2. Buy a used set of same from ONE bike and begin again (with all keys and cards).

3. Install a NEMISIS ECU (~$1000-$1500), which will bypass the immobilizer (see Desmoto in San Francisco). This is for S4Rs…not sure will work with an S2.

v If someone ruins your ignition switch only, you can fix that issue by getting a new one with new keys and removing the RFID chips in your old keys and inserting them in the new key set. Old key will now turn new ignition switch and all is well again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dear Friends ,
Thank you for your valuable help i appreciate it , the whole think
is left behind since that the battery went dead so i order a new battery and i wait .
so give me some time to get things in line and we will talk again , i will inform you how this will go .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear Friends ,
Eventually i boughtand install a new battery. The bike makes 1 sigle flash and then stays on permanenty . The starter button doesnot function !. Do you have any ideas?.
Is it the key ?or something else . Does anyone has a manual to get a look please.

Regards all
kirkis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts