Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The owner's manual with the bike says the immobilizer will blink for 48 hours and after that it will stop...but the immobilizer will still function. Well, mine has never blinked for 48 hours. When I got the bike it would go 24 hours but now it won't even blink over night. Common? Does anyone's blink for 48 hours?

I really don't care if it blinks or not. I'm just curious..... Bike starts and runs fine so I am sure it is no big deal. Just that my blink time gets shorter and shorter.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Mine goes 24, and has been since it was born.

I hate myself when I go to It and see it NOT Blinking....

What a shame.

Skier

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
I hate myself when I go to It and see it NOT Blinking....

What a shame.
How true. Mine goes 24hr. also,

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
My '02 620 blinks 24 hrs.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Seen it blinking, never really paid much attention to how long it kept blinking.

G

·
My 01/S4 blinks for 48 hours. Between the bikes, cars, and battery chargers, my garage looks like a f'in christmas tree.

·
Registered
196 Posts
24 hrs, 6 mins. Give or take a few seconds here and there. ;)Kidding, some where around 24 hrs. Unfortunately due to snow and crappy weather in DC I have not seen her blink for quite awhile :'(, think I'll have to fire her up just to hear her sing and watch her blink. ;D

G

·
I have a 750S, and for sure it doesn't blink 48 hrs. Not even sure if it blinks 24 hrs. But I do feel guilty when I go out to the garage and it's not blinking at all. A good reminder to take a ride (as soon as it stops raining in NorCal).

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Other than when I've been out of town the Monster has never gone more than 24 hours without being ridden, so I don't know how long mine stays on for. I've never noticed it off when I was at home, that's for sure. I rode to work even in today's torrential downpour here in Nor Cal.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
My '03 800S goes for 48... Interesting that there are such differences, even between the '03s ::).

Uncle_Duck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts