Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
I never cared for mileage life of a tire, I cared more about GRIP/Traction. If I were to fall/low side because lack of grip, that fix would cost more than a set of tires. I've always used DOT legal race rubber for the street. I would get less than 5000 miles before the center goes completely bald. I'm not touring the country so it works for me. In general, the harder a tire is, the longer the life but the traction isn't as good as say a race DOT legal tire which is softer/grippier.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I were a rich man I would install the super corsa...but i can't afford that cause i'm riding a lot, something like every 3 month for rear super corsa.
Now i have Angel GT & it last 14000 km untill now....but i thinking trying this Michelin cause he have a very good price.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had them on my old R1 and they are on my monster right now. Never had any issues on the street. Good grip and pretty good mileage. I have a 900 and they've been great as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I put a Sportsmart 2 on the rear over the weekend. Have used them on the last bike and wear well with plenty of grip.

This is the OEM tyre when you forget to change it before a long ride. Did the last 200km on that with the steel showing to limp it home! Still corners well:wink

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts