Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's just time for something new. I feel like I've outgrown my Monster--figuratively and literally--after riding various other bikes lately, it's become apparent that it's just too small for a tall guy like me. An incredible deal on something else has been offered to me and I just couldn't live with myself if I turned it down. Anyway, please don't hate me. I'll still be coming back here for the company and the interesting discussion. Have fun and ride safe everyone!

DTMsurf, I'd love to hook you up with some goodies off my bike, but I have decided to sell it as is with all the aftermarket parts.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
iamic, sorry to see your Monster going, but hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do, and it ain't like you quit riding , you're still on a bike. Make sure you do come back to talk to us! ;D

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hehe... I don't think you want to know.

Thanks for the tip LOKI. I'll send her a PM. (EDIT): I just noticed she's in Minnesota. Somehow I don't think that she would go to the trouble of buying a monster from California. Oh well...

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Do it! Send her the PM, I may be able to carry it back to Minn in March as I have to go back and get my Monster and a couple of other bikes. So dont count it out yet :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey that would be great. I sent her a PM to let her know. Thanks.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ohh should I tell... you guys are going to think I'm crazy, but here goes: A friend that I work with has a 1994 Honda CBR900RR with about $25k invested - Ohlins, upgrade brakes, Marchesini mags, carbon tank, etc. One of the HRC techs built the motor, custom triples, fuel system, etc. It's not Bling. Instead, it is very subtle and high quality. The bike only has ~6K miles and 1500 since most of the work was done. My words don't do it justice - it is immaculate, despite being ten years old - an incredible amount of thought, effort, and detail went into it. It is quite unique, even though it is a Honda. The thing that really draws me about it is that it just fits my body very well, which I can't say about my Monster. He'll practically give it away, leaving me money to buy a motard.

So... it's either that, or... STOP HERE IF YOU HATE JAPANESE BIKES

...a new Honda CBR600RR or Yamaha YZF-R6

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
hey, Sh!t happens.......just kidding, whatever floats your boat, at least you are riding!! ;D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts