Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

I'm OUT. MOB Ride - 27 Jan 07?

2K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  SL_Don 
#1 ·
THIS IS A NO-GO FOR ME. Weather is too "unstable" so I do not want to commit and put anyone out on a crappy day. I'll play it by ear and may ride out on my own if it turns out to be a nice day. Please be safe out there...

Hi folks! Any plans for this Saturday? I'm in for any ride. It'll be 62 degrees/cloudy - but I'm riding either way.

Lemm know! [thumbsup]

#4 ·
Re: MOB Ride - 27 Jan 07?

I wanna ride :D

#5 ·

Either we ride up my way... or I head down and join you all for a NorthBay ride. The closer we get to the weekend, the better picture we'll have on the weather. Again, I'm riding for sure UNLESS its RAINING... then I go boarding at Squaw. :)

#6 ·

I like to ride, but as Rick said, let's see what happens to the weather. Where is Mosquito Ridge? If it's further than Berryessa, I'll have to wait until it's warmer (can't afford to get frostbite on long freeway) ;D

#9 ·

Thunderpuppy said:
Sounds interesting, but...Where is Mosquito ridge? Where do we meet? :-\
Hmmm... that's toward the Sierras (lower area) - right Grio?

That might be pretty deep for some of you Bay Area types... maybe something in closer proximity? I'm always down for a Berryessa ride, but will head out for a North bay ride as well (Mt Tam?). Maybe Berryessa via 128 from Winters Side? Maybe looping around Calistoga?

I say 0900 hrs meet in Vacaville if the ride is my way. If it is elsewhere, I'd like someone else to take the lead on it (details!)... :)

#10 ·

Weather report is calling for a possibility of rain Sat. Maybe Mosquito Ridge should be moved to Sun. Trail head for this ride would be at Hwy 50 and El Dorado Hills. Yes, it would be a long cold slab ride for the Bay folks. :-[

#11 ·

I'd make the ride out but hrmmmm...I'm in Sacramento on Sunday for workish things. Count me out. You guys have fun. I'll catch up with y'all another time. There will be plenty of time to ride: Summer's a'comin'...I just noticed that it wasn't pitch black today at 5:30 like it normally is. 8)

#12 ·

hello! I'm new at MOB. I'd love to join a bay area ride. Tam, or up north, what-ev.

I saw a Mt Tam Suggestion above:
Last weekend this was REALLY fun. Mt Tam
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:...trail/kml/episode.kml?episodePkValues=1909159

Bay on one side, Pacific on the other.

(confession: the GPS path was done on a bicycle. Not suggesting anyone ride on the bike paths through Mill Valley!)

#14 ·

Meltz said:
You guys are too hard core for me. Once the temps start hitting the 70s, I'll be joining ya! :p

I'm with you, Rick. If we start getting some decent snow, I'll be up in the powder. Sugar Bowl is my mountain.
HA! It was nice yesterday (and Monday!)... I did an after-work ride! Hit Pleasants Valley Road then headed out to the Corners and back. Full leathers, under-layering (snowboard & cycling gear), a Turtle Fur neck warmer... and I'm toasty - ok, maybe not "toasty" but it's quite bearable. And we're talking the sun coming down and the temps dropping FAST! I had a blast.

Rain - now that's a different story.

#15 ·

Looks like I'm out for Saturday folks. :( Other "obligations" have surfaced. I will ride on Sunday instead. Weather seems to be better on Sunday as well.

#17 ·

Ya looks like Sunday will have good weather. Where? Anyone want to ride around the Bay? Marin?

inspiration: Mt Tamalpias photo

[attachment deleted by admin]

#18 ·

I'll keep it closer for me on Sunday.

DETAILS
Vacaville: 0930 hrs, Davis St. @ the Bucks
Route: Berryessa (yes, again) via Pleasants Valley Rd/128/121 etc, etc.

Guaranteed a FUN ride!

Attachments

#20 ·
This is a NO-GO for me. Weather is unstable so I do not want to commit to leading a ride and put anyone out in crappy weather - read: RAIN.

Playing it by ear kids. Be safe if you do ride...

#22 ·
I just wanna ride... :( I hope we wake up to a beautiful day tomorrow...:)

#23 ·
Its looking pretty nice where I am.
There was a discussion at zeitgeist the other night about maybe hitting the east bay where it might get dry early in the day...

ANyone... ANyone... ::)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.