Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '96 M900 that has been mine since '95. bought her with 8/10's of a mile and now has 48,000. I am looking into doing a rebuild this year and I'm looking for some ideas. Nothing crazy she needs to be cleaned up and painted etc. Tank cover hides many o' dents. (hit once, down thrice) wondering if anyone still makes a Big Bore Kit, what to use for bigger carbs, adjustable forks and such
it has a stage II jet kit, FBF Farne SS/CF exhaust, and some other mods, but now it is time for a makeover.
Thanks All... and Happy New Year

Here are a few pics, sorry for the size

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
A 944 kit with high compression pistons and flat slide carbs is an AMAZING set up for your bike. We've seen bikes get close to a 15 hp and 8 ft/lb increase with that set up. It totally changes the personality of the bike...in a good way :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I was leaning in that direction, just don't know much about what is involved. I leave the bike building to my brother.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Absolutley

This is the area most often neglected, and can have the most impact on the enjoyment of the riding experience. Start with springs to match your weight and riding style. Next, talk to a suspension expert and discuss oil weight and level, of the fork oil. The valving of the forks can be tuned to suit your type of riding as well. There are also some really good revalve kits for the rear damper, or just add an Ohlins damper. Finally have the sag set properly as you sit on the bike.
A proper suspension overhaul can have wonderous effects on an older machine. And as this happens to be one of our areas of expertise, we would be happy to help. Give us a call or e-mail and we can discuss a package that is right for you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice clutch cover! Custom made or bought?

It would depend on how deep you want to go? Full strip down or just a quick tidy up?

A respray on the body would smarten it up and powdercoating the wheels, frame is always a good way to make a bike stand out!

Yorkie

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made the cover out of my stocker years ago. I looked for an open one that was a little different and couldn't find one I liked. wanted to make more (lotsa ideas) just couldn't find a market.
I don't want to go to deep, my brother builds customs so he is doing the work. at almost 50,000 i figure it is about time. I don't need to go to crazy. paint and stuff is already in the plan. like most I want more power, and better handling. Again I've been riding this bike for close to 14 years. Time for something new... but not new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts