Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Nick...what are all the locked thingybobbers for again?
When I check in the newest post is 11 topics down, and then the locked topics seems like no one can post on? Are they headers or sumthin? prolly just me, so sorry, but it seems harder to follow what's going on here or to find the most recent post.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I've arranged three 'sections' or 'folders', using locked sticky threads for the titles of each section; 'Club Stuff', 'Upcoming Events', and 'Everything Else'.

I put the T-shirt, Map, and Past Club Rides threads into the 'Club Stuff' section by making 'em sticky. Same deal for the threads on upcoming rides and events.

Wouldn't be the first time I fixed something that wasn't broken... :-/
---------------edit---------------
You do 'login' so you get the little blue 'new' tags on the posts that have been added to since you last viewed 'em?

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Hey Nick...what are all the locked thingybobbers for again?
When I check in the newest post is 11 topics down, and then the locked topics seems like no one can post on? Are they headers or sumthin? prolly just me, so sorry, but it seems harder to follow what's going on here or to find the most recent post.
fwiw, this explains it:

http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=SDMHA;action=display;num=1073155724

I vote (fwiw) for going back to the way it was, and leaving maps (retitlled) and past rides sticky, along with the occasional special event/important announcement, but no 'sections'.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wouldn't be the first time I fixed something that wasn't broken... :-
hehe.....well you said it not me, but I think I have to agree with ya ;D

:p

·
Registered
600 Posts
It took a bit to adjust, but I've gotten used to this structure.

If we're going back to the old ways, may I suggest looking into using the Message Icons (the icons that show up on the left column of the thread title column)?

About 10 different icon designs available. We can designate an icon for each thread category. (i.e.: Exclamation Point icon for "CLUB STUFF", Thumb Up icon for "UPCOMING EVENTS") This can help us visually categorize the threads.

With so many things going on, I think it helps to keep some kind of structure. But I wouldn't mind sticking with this structure at all.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
BTW, as much b1tching that we may do on stuff like this, can't thank Nick enough for all he does for us and helping with this board.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts