Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy friends and neighbors! Well, I'm back from my latest stint aboard one of Uncle Sam's finest warships. To say the least I'm jonesing a bit for a ride. Soooo, who's up for a rampage this Sunday? I've got a couple of guys lined up from work whom I haven't had the pleasure of riding with yet. The meeting will be at the same Bat time, same Bat channel. I'm thinking about a longish ride to the desert and Palomar.

Also, there's really meaningful talk about moving up the deployment date of my ship to something that's really soon. Potentially every ride could be my last for quite some time. I really look forward to having a last spin with all of the good friends I have made here. I'm going to be hella busy packing up the apartment and getting ready to go on a moment's notice, but I'd like to make time to see a lot of you guys before I go and fight the good fight.

There, sentimental part's over. Now who wants to go on a good rampage this weekend? [smiley=evil.gif]

P

·
0 Posts
Glad you're home my friend. I'll try to rearrange some appointments for Sunday. Lets blow it out. Call me.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Its gettin really bad up at Pally lately Chad. There have been at least 2 head on bike crashes caused by someone crossing the double yellow. Bill and I did the Borrego-Julian run 2 mondays ago, it was a pretty good run.

On a side note I got something for ya. :)

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Hey, boys, can I join this party?
This sounds like it could be some fun....

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I promise, I won't bring a single solitary match.

What time are you guys thinkin' ?
Or what time should I show at John's?

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
If Ppoitras suggests a new adventerous route don't listen. Read the 4/25 post by Ducman851.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
If Ppoitras suggests a new adventerous route don't listen. Read the 4/25 post by Ducman851.
LOL ,that and dont listen to locals when they tell you its just a dirt road. I wish we had take some pics of that.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I'll match you guys mile-for-mile on the dirt, well, other than Troy on his Gran Canyon.
But I'd rather ride on the pavement.........

BTW, Troy, you've got quite the Garage Arsenal. :eek:

D

·
0 Posts
Before I say Yes to the ride, Old yeller's reading 5950 on the odometer, and scheduled for his 6k physical. How many miles over the 6k is Ok?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I went a fair bit past 6k myself, but I don't have the same motor. :-/

Anyway, that's immaterial. The service is 10k kilometers, so you have about 250 miles to go yet.
IMHO, you are now committed to the ride. ;D

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have to work again this sun. :mad:
I will be riding mon. or tues. if anyone wants to play hookie.

P

·
0 Posts
That ride is something you will talk about for years Troy. Granted it is more fun in hindsight. I'll let you guys choose the route this time.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, which of you guys are gonna meet me at the Starbucks off Aero Drive at 9:00?

The rest we can pick up at Mother's about 10:30 - 11:00 and then head to the desert/Julian.

P

·
0 Posts
Dammit! Don't these people who buy stuff from me understand that I have a life? :mad: I need to see some folks on Sunday so I'm out this time. :-[ Have fun guys. :'(

D

·
0 Posts
Nick, will you be heading down the 15? If so, can we meet at Tom's farms? You're much more familiar with the meeting spots than I am so I need your leadership here! BTW, where's Mothers?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Dang it, can't they wait until Monday?
All work and no play's gonna make you a dull boy.

Well, is it just me and SoCalSAR on this circus?

I'll rendezvous with anybody between Norco and Palomar, trying for about a 10:00 AM arrival at Mother's to allow for unexpected delays.

If you Local guys have a route you like, I'm an out of towner, it's been months since I've ridden in that area, so it's all pretty new to me. I do like the slower stuff better. :)

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
OK, you got busy and posted while I was pecking at the keyboard.

I'll be more than happy to meet you at Tom's Farms.
There's a Chevron there right next to the 15, right?

Maybe about 8:30 - 8:45 ? ?

-----------------------------

No later than 9:00, as we'd be hard pressed to get to Mother's by 10:00 if we need to stop.

D

·
0 Posts
You mean the AM/PM? I'll be at Tom's around 7:30. (I have breakfast there before all my Sunday morning rides) See you there!

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Im out, due to the length of last weeks excursion, I have stuff to do around the house on Saturday and Sunday is PACKED with motorcycle racing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts