Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have swapped out motors, changed CV joints on my subaru and rebuilt a 1977 corvette engine...but I cannot figure out how to install my damn Rizoma Mirrors!!
:-[

The bolt on the mirror that screws into the female location (on the bike) is not tight in the mirror-end, it spins freely, making it seemingly impossible to turn down into the stock spot. Has anyone installed these on their bike? It would have been nice to get some instructions, but who would have thought you'd (or I guess me) would need instructions to install **MIRRORS**.

Any ideas?? (I did a seach on google and here on DML, no luck.)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woo Hoo!!

I figured it out, (completely accidentally). I bolt that is loose in the fitting needs to be pushed-on to open the housing to get at allen socket to tighen it...easy peesey. (Unless you're an idiot...like I was before I saw the light.)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
unrazzo said:
Woo Hoo!!

I figured it out, (completely accidentally). I bolt that is loose in the fitting needs to be pushed-on to open the housing to get at allen socket to tighen it...easy peesey. (Unless you're an idiot...like I was before I saw the light.)
Don't feel bad, I had the same brain fart when I installed my 998 Rizoma's... hell I almost launched one mirror into the wall I was getting so pissed! ::)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's weird is that I tried prying the top open with a blade, no luck, but when I pushed the bolt up (accidentally hard)...pop.
They look really sweet.

Thanks for the consolation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts