Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Monster 750. The ignition key and housing is loose causing the key to stick in either on or lock position. I can hardly get the key in when I take it out. Don't want to pay $250 plus labor for new one. Is there a fix to this? I found a new switch for a 749/999 minus key. Will this work? How much to have it keyed? Thanks for your help! Boxy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought a ignition switch with key of of Ebay for an 2002 S2-4. I wasn't sure if it would work so I went into Letcko Cycles in K.C. (area) they said that anything 2002 and older is basically plug and play. (The new ones have the chip and electonics imbedded) I'm not sure what year that goes back to. Pretty straight forward install. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem. I'm not sure if this is indicative of all Ducati dealerships, but Letcko was extremely helpful with any and alll questions I had. Thanks to all, Boxy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I lost the key to my ducati monster 696 .my question is can i purchase a new one. And take out the one it has know? Will it work and start my ducati??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts