Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my failed attempt of finding a reputable indy shop near me (Bergen county), I decided to ask a friend of mine to help with mods / maintenance. I even called other bike shops that service Hondas and Yamahas but all gave me the same response - they won't touch a Ducati, even for something simple as an oil change.

My friend's an experienced certified Audi / VW tech who's done all sorts of major work (engine swaps, turbo upgrades, etc.). Anyone on the Vortex / Fortitude forums will vouch for him. When I told him I couldn't find any indy shop to work on my bike, he offered his services. He used to work on bikes and atv's prior to working on cars.

This past weekend, he installed frame sliders, 14t sprocket, timing belt job and performed a full tune-up. The bike runs great and he had no problems finding his way around my m620. He loves Monsters and is a fan of the v-twin motor. As long as you bring the parts, he can pretty much handle any job.

Yes he is my friend but I'm only putting this up because I thought it'd good to know there are more options. This is no knock on the shops listed in the thread above and had they been closer to me, I probably would've gone with them.

His rates are very reasonable. Feel free to PM me if you need his contact info.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: If you need help with maintenance / mods in Northern NJ...

his shop is very close to the palisades mall in nyack. its probably 20mins from the gwb / northern nj.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts

Based on Dubbedown's recommendation I visited his friend Bel today. He works at Palisades Audi where he's allowed to work on his own stuff on Saturday's. Super nice guy, very thorough. He did an oil/filter change and checked belts, chain, cables, bolts, etc. Also replaced my grips and removed a stripped bolt for me. I stood by the whole time, talking with him and watching him work. In the end he charged just a fraction of what a dealer would have charged. I highly recommend him. PM me for his email if you want to contact him.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

glad it worked out well!

he's a great guy and been going to him for years for my car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts