Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please let me know!

if you good folks out in Dallas could just keep your eyes out

I'm looking for a 1970's CB450, ideally, for $3-$500 TOPS, basketcases are good, even better if the engine is known to be good...

Not looking to get rid of my bike at all, only to add a project >:D

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Hiero...
You're one sick puppy...
..but I'll watch all the local's for ya!
..I'd love a vintage 650 Yami twin for track days...like I can afford that?!
..cheaper than a Commando though?
Rick

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha, well, this little project is all about looks, not looking to be getting huge numbers out of the little 450, but love the old look of the parallel twin and think that's how a true vintage cafe racer should be built around

hoping to put the project somewhere in the $2-$3000 range FINISHED with me doing all the hard work, but we'll see how realistic that becomes! :-X

thinking super uncomfortable, totally unrealistic, low low clip ons up front (or just some super low slung clubmans for the same effect), maybe fab up some rearsets to put the foot controls back a bit, chop the tail and put a custom bullet style piece of sheet metal on the back, dent up the tank and make it more rectangular, pull all the paint off completely and clear the bare metal finish and let 'er rip...

course I was also thinking of maybe fabbing up some new mounts to put some more modern brembo brakes on, but who knows until I can actually find something ;)

I'm in no real hurry especially with the holidays coming up, but seeking nonetheless

thanks ducandcover!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts