Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 900S and have a question on the various screws on the TB's etc. Where the fast idle cable is connected on the TB's on the right side there is an 8mm (I think) phillips screw. What is that used for? There is also a very small screw just inboard of this screw that looks to be the TB adjusting screw. Can someone clear this up for me? Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
The larger screw is for adjusting the idle and throttle angle. The smaller screw will be for air/fuel mixture.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The larger screw is for adjusting the idle and throttle angle. The smaller screw will be for air/fuel mixture.
I don't think we are talking about the same screws. I'm not refering to the air bleeds. There is a large screw on the bell crank and then there is a smaller screw inboard of that and it looks like that is for TB syncing?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't think we are talking about the same screws. I'm not refering to the air bleeds. There is a large screw on the bell crank and then there is a smaller screw inboard of that and it looks like that is for TB syncing?
I am having trouble picturing it in my head, but yes the larger screw is for idle adj and the smaller one will be used to sync them

Posted wireless via iPhone

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks. I adjusted the bigger screw, will that throw the TB sync off? I originally thought yes but now am thinking no. I think the inner, smaller one would throw the sync off?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ok thanks. I adjusted the bigger screw, will that throw the TB sync off? I originally thought yes but now am thinking no. I think the inner, smaller one would throw the sync off?
Correct the smaller one would throw the sync off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts