Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was going through my boxes of Ducati parts to get rid of stuff, and found some fork internals in a sealed container. Here's the thing. I have NO idea what bike they go to (and assume that fork internals are not universal), but don't think they're to a Duc. Anyone have any clue?

The likely candidates are Ducati Monster, Yamaha R6 (99), KTM LC4 ('00), or Ninja 250. I'm betting they're Yamaha internals, but I have no frickin' clue. Anyone have any idea?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Fork internals are not particularly universal, certainly not within your likely suspects.

I suspect that your KTM and R6 have adjustable damping, and the M and the two-fiddy do not.

Carefully inspect the top end of the small rod for a hole, and same for the bottom of the threaded hole in the damper body.

If there are no holes, then they're for a non-adjustable set of forks.
That will narrow it down a bit.

Compare the extended length with the forks on the bikes, if they're obviously longer than a particular set of forks, that would eliminate them from the list.

Those *look* like they're for 'upside down' forks, which AFAIK would eliminate the two-fiddy.
However, the spring on the outside is bothersome, that doesn't jibe with USD forks.

They look too short for the 'Tard.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Nick. That's really helpful. They've got the holes you described, so I'm betting they're to the r6. It had fork work done (it has Ohlins internals), so these might be the left-overs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts