Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sorta like these, they should come in a different color tho.

found it, they come in black too..

D

·
0 Posts
Yea, not half bad. It would suck if your leg got lopped off because they are so low though- this happened to my friend/co-worker. High boots are a lot safer, although the Icons are 10 times better than sneakers or something.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alpinestars makes a high motocross boot that is similar:

But what is the difference, in boot , between motocross & street?

S

·
0 Posts
Those boots just arrived at Motostrano. I happened to be there last week with my wife while they were unpacking them. They look cool, but getting the toe underneath the shifter lever might be a tight fit.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a pair, but I want to try them on first. They're at the top of my list right now... I tried everything else, but I have skinny calves, and the uppers of all the boots are too big, especially since I don't plan on wearing leather pants all the time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
They Are The Road Crew [na na na na na na boom] ;D

No, seriously. These are way better than sneakers, which are way better than flip-flops. They cover the main ankle bones, so they're probably as good as combat boots. I've heard other people swear by Red Wing work boots; these look at least as durable.

I usually wear motocross shinguards, so a "boot" like this would be great- easier to get into and out of. How's the price?

Rene Carlos

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$180 at motostrano

V

·
0 Posts
I like those when someone buys some I would like to know how they like them....VTM

R

·
0 Posts
I aw them today at Warhorse. I was tempted to try a set on, but was busy messing with the bike. They look comfy.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
I just picked a pair up this weekend and road with them for about an hour.

First thought, they look cool and they're comfy, very comfy. I wear a size 12.5, but I got the 11's since they were a little more snug. Yes, they do feel like ski boots, but that's how they should feel I believe. They hold everything in place. Of course they look like motocross boots, but that's the intent. The latching system is so simple. Just set up the ratchet straps to your liking, and from then on, it's two buckles on each boot. That's it. It's takes seconds to put them on and take them off. It'll take some time to break them in. The quality is great. They have Vibram soles, and it'll take a while for them to wear since they're nice and thick.

I got black ones to match the bike of course.

I bought mine at a local dealer for 180.00, but you can them through www.kneedraggers.com for cheaper.

·
Banned
551 Posts
motocross boot wont work very well.
they are veeery stiff in the ankle area.
That is what I thought. Built for another purpose I would have assumed. They would be better that sneakers or regualar boots - but I bet you lose some flex in the ankle for shifting and braking. Once you get used to it you would probably be ok though.

Reminded me of a courier I saw on Friday night - no right footpeg - he rode with his right foot on the passenger peg - and had the shifter lever reversed - to it was aimed to the back of the bike - once you get used to it I guess.

·
Registered
26 Posts
at newenough.com, the motorhead boots are only 145, you gotta get the price thru email since they cant display it on their site. good deal

1 - 17 of 17 Posts