Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had the choice between an Icon Alliance and an HJC CL-14, what would you pick?

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Check reviews. I personally really like my HJC AC-12 Carbon and actually tend to get more people looking at my helmet than the bike, kinda embarassing really.

Here is a review of the HJC CL-14
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/hjc/hjc-cl-14.htm

Could not find a review for the Alliance, but check out this site
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmets.htm

they may have a link somewhere to the other one.

I went about my helmet buying by stateing a price range I could spend (around $275-350) and found the best helmet i could in that range. I personally wanted to stay away from the "cheap" helmets. Not that they are necessarily bad, but after researching I found that the lower end helmets tend to skimp on the comfort padding and sound insulation, which was important to me.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Icon blows, I have the Alliance.....got sick of replacing parts constantly...I dropped it ON MY BED and it broke .......HJC is good, I went with the Scorpion exo 700.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Paper5tr3et7 said:
Icon blows, I have the Alliance.....got sick of replacing parts constantly...I dropped it ON MY BED and it broke .......HJC is good, I went with the Scorpion exo 700.
I love my matte black alliance. It looks even better with scuffs and scratches.

I dropped mine a bunch of times and it has never broken. The shield can come off, but it's easy to fix and I have found it to be very rugged. However, it's pretty loud. I don't know how the noise level compares to other helmets, but I have had no problems with durability.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went with the HJC CL-14. They had a pretty good deal at www.newenough.com

Does no one sell solid green helmets? I was looking at my bike and for some reason determined that a green helmet might look good with it, but then I couldn't actually find any.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I have an ICON Mainframe. Not bad but it's relatively comfortable. Graphics are a personal choice,
how much and what kind of attention do you want? You have to determine a budget and know you
will most likely exceed it by a certain amount too. If it's SNELL/DOT, then consider the options/fit
you can afford!

IMO ;D

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
i've been reasonably happy with my HJC (CL-12). when i was at the local dealership last, i tried on a scorpion and it felt pretty good.

i've heard pretty good things about the scorpion lids.

(and you know, i don't think i've ever seen a solid green helmet... weird.)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got my CL-14 in the mail yesterday. I'm very happy with it., it looks nice and seems solid, and most important it's way comfy. No more using old-used-too big-grody-wrecked hemets!

Thanks for the suggestion to go with HJC, no regrets!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts