Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Icat?? somebody tried?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DaffeDuc 
#1 ·
Hello, newbie here!

Does anyone hear about Icat ( www.icatusa.com i think) and tried it on his bike. It is commonly use on dirtbike. It's a electronic device you fit on your lead cable just before your spark plugs. It is supposed to increased the intensity and the duration of the spark, leading to a better combustion therefore more power. I tried it on a dirt bike and it worked! amazing!
I was looking to fit my bike with dynojet, but I wonder if this wouldn't be a best buy, around the same price (if you include the fitting for the dyno) at 400$ for the bike.

Thanks

#2 ·
to my knowledge, there's never been any conclusive
evidence to suggest that devices like 'spark enhancers',
'intake vortex generators' and fuel modifiers (advertised
to catalytically 'enhance' pump fuel) provide any
objective benefit. go for a power commander or
some other method of altering the fuel injection map
(simplest and arguably most effective method is a new
'chip' with a map which was designed for performance
and not to minimize emissions). this presumes, of course,
that your bike is fuel injected.

#3 ·
Thanks for the info, but wrong assumption, I have a carburator ;D, the only real one?
I have been told and read as well that dynojet are not always effective if you don't have someone competent to tune it!

#4 ·
since you've got a carbed bike you might consider replacing your coils with dynacoils, supposed to bump up the spark. lot's of dml postings on them.

#5 ·
If you want to increase your sparkage, install the Dynocoil kit. Easily one of the best mods I've done on my bike. Match that up with a set of NGK wires and DCPR9EVX plugs and you've got one mean spark.

If you really want to open up your carbed bike and make it scream, replace the stock carbs with some FCR flat-side carbs.

I have this same combo and whoa-boy! She's a whole 'nother beast I tell ya. You can see my install here.

Good luck!

-dj

#6 ·
... now if you're only replacing electricals, are you REALLY gonna see that much of a difference (if you don't dyno it) on the street? Maybe racetrack applications yes, but street riding? for the amount of $$$ you're gonna be dropping on electrical parts (if that's the only variable) I'm not so sure it's worth upgrading... rather stick my $$$ into carbs or wheels or suspension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.