Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Saw this at Craig's List (www.craigslist.org):
1998 monster 750,yellow with white stripe like the 748s.things that i put since i bough it, arrow carbon fiber exhasts(sounds great),Steering Damper,carbon fiber headlight fairing.the bike does have a salvage tittle but rides good and staight.bought it a few month ago in the los angles area and road it back just fine.it has 9500 miles.this is a great beginners bike.the reason im selling is that i got a new bike in mind.o ya tires still have alot of meat on it.thanks for reading.please email for picture!!! $3750 obo.

Caveat emptor of course...

http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/14453141.html

·
Registered
38 Posts
I read an atricke in some bike mag (can't remember what) where they had "tested" some naked bikes like the SV650 and Hornet ... and Monster 620. Their "opinion" was that the Monster was total c

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many people mags compair the SV to the monster. IMO it is like comparing a Jaguar to a Toyota. Ducati is a preimum bike. If you want somthing different for the street go with the Duc every time. If you want somthing for track days get a SV for they are cheap to fix and maint. The wife says to me that is the last new cycle I'll have so I went with somthing that unique (wow factor)and will hold its value.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just recieved my 96 m900 which I purchased from an ad on Craigs list. Price 2,800 it had been down a couple of times but just tank damage, it has 13,500 miles no leaks, doesn't burn oil, high sil motor 2-1 system steering damper, carbon goodies, etc.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I've got a 2003 Monster 620 i.e. dark, it's matte silver with Remus carbon fiber pipes, 444 miles. Send me an email if you want more information.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well see the thing is i know that im gonna have to wait for a deal if i want it cheap.. and when it comes up i have to jump on it.. but im hoping for around 1500... i know it sounds kinda out there but ive been in the import scene for a while and know how to buy things cheap... so i guess ill keep trying and see whatll get thrown at me... thanks for all the help...

oh yea if anybody owns a tacoma...
www.customtacos.com
my SN is lilwhttaco

1 - 12 of 12 Posts