Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent played a sport (soccer) in quite some time. and i need a new competitive sport/hobby in my life.

is there some kind of racing league here locally or is it just track days... i can travel to cali and nevada and new mexico no problem but

i also need to buy a track bike. i dont want to spend tons of money. i was thinking 2-3 thousand. is that about right? i know i have to start with track days. but the monster will never be on a track. i just cant do it.

and without my own bike, leathers, and all gear, trackdays are wayyy too expensive to do frequently.

anyone with insight? advice? and yes i just want to jump into it. i dont want to take classes or take it slow. thats not how i do things.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I know there are local CCS races. I am not sure of the classes though. There are also SMRI races in New Mexico. A good way to go would be to get into a class that races bikes like ninja 250's or an sv650 class. You can find race prepped sv's for around $3000. You should post in the Racing and Track Day section. There are some people there that have good knowledge on the subject.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i will definately be doing track days to practice up. but i want to compete. i think a 250 or sv650 class could be great for me. i will have to look into the CCS classes that you meantion charles. thanks for the input. i will also speak with tom. since he ahs race experience... he might be able to put me in the right direction

·
Registered
975 Posts
Nosolace- Keith Codes Superbike School is coming to Firebird November 3 & 4th, that would be a great way to get some on trak instruction. It is pricy, but for anyone considering a stint at racing should be welll worth the cost. For a little over $600 you can use their bike: http://www.superbikeschool.com/

·
Registered
95 Posts
#1: (Amount you want to spend) X 4 = (Your real race cost)

Go to Firebird Main next weekend. The CCS races will be going on. Look around and ask questions. Everyone will be very friendly and approachable. Accross the parking lot at the West track, there'll be a track day going on. You can check out that scene, too. The races will cost you $15 to get in at the gate. If you're there on Sunday, look for #31 with yellow plates:

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts