Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it says, I want one...did a search of threads and just find em talking about 1098, 1098s, etc...

I WANNA MONSTER....well actually i've got one, a hot S4R...which i'm keeping..

but i wanna 1098 Monster (S4RsRR..or something)...oh yeah with ohlins, monobloc calipers...

and this time Mister Ducati..sir..please can it have the full power.(read injection system) as a 1098s..

Thank you, now where do I sign..

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
1. You won't get the SBK injection setup on a Monster unless they get rid of the Monster tank, which is one of its trade marks.

2. Your 0-100 times probably won't improve either. It is not until higher speeds that the added horsepower will have an advantage. Beyond that, you'll probably want a full fairing and clip ons.

3. If you are keeping the S4R, the S4RR would be largely redundant. I'm keeping my S4R too and my 1098 should be here in another month.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have to agree with u sir.

silentbob said:
1. You won't get the SBK injection setup on a Monster unless they get rid of the Monster tank, which is one of its trade marks.

2. Your 0-100 times probably won't improve either. It is not until higher speeds that the added horsepower will have an advantage. Beyond that, you'll probably want a full fairing and clip ons.

3. If you are keeping the S4R, the S4RR would be largely redundant. I'm keeping my S4R too and my 1098 should be here in another month.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
what about striping down a 1098 to a monster?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Wait your turn. I've already asked for a 1098 ST4s first. It's all about me gotdammit!
sorry brother talked to my local dealer the other day, the ST and the SS are going bye bye.... he said Ducati is going from 40 something bikes offered to 20 something.. monsters with diff colors = diff bike. sorry dude

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
All the ussual rags (MCN and some Euro ones, too) are claiming that, in addition to the redesign of the Monster, there will be a new naked bike, seperate from the Monster, that will be a naked 1098. I'd guess it will be an '09 or '10 model. So, ride your S4R for another year, then trade it in for the naked 1098.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but isn't turning a monster into a 1098 really defeat the purpose??? I know I'll get my head bitten off here, but I would much rather a nice throaty low-end grunty engine thank a really high revving (at least 13k plus) 1098....isn't that what the monster family is all about???

·
Registered
698 Posts
Handy Andy said:
I don't know about you guys, but isn't turning a monster into a 1098 really defeat the purpose??? I know I'll get my head bitten off here, but I would much rather a nice throaty low-end grunty engine thank a really high revving (at least 13k plus) 1098....isn't that what the monster family is all about???
The 1098 has more low-end grunt than any of the monsters besides maybe the RS.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Lukering said:
All the ussual rags (MCN and some Euro ones, too) are claiming that, in addition to the redesign of the Monster, there will be a new naked bike, seperate from the Monster, that will be a naked 1098. I'd guess it will be an '09 or '10 model. So, ride your S4R for another year, then trade it in for the naked 1098.
Yeah, supposedly they are going to keep the Monster air cooled and have a seperate, more radical designed naked bike with the liquid ooled 1098 motor to compete with bikes like the Brutale. Which, thinking about it, would make a lot of sense by keeping most of the purists happy with a mildly revised traditional Monster, while gunning for a whole new naked bike crowd.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Handy Andy said:
10,700 rpm
91 lb/ft torque

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
superjohn said:
Yeah, supposedly they are going to keep the Monster air cooled and have a seperate, more radical designed naked bike with the liquid ooled 1098 motor to compete with bikes like the Brutale. Which, thinking about it, would make a lot of sense by keeping most of the purists happy with a mildly revised traditional Monster, while gunning for a whole new naked bike crowd.
Seems that would be a great philosophy. I could not have said it better, and I'd be first in line for the airhead version.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.