Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;D 8) I've had alot of overtime at work with no end in sight so I have started my winter mods/updates early.
LeoVinic high mount alum pipes
Rizoma clip ons
Rizoma sprocket cover
DP shifter to reverse shift pattern
more to come
I already have a dyno jet kit and a kn air filter, but I'm going to have the Monster dyno tuned and rejetted for the new exhaust and open air box.
All this from a guy who just bought a $200 1984 Buick to drive this winter !!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I bought the Monster saying "I like it as it is, not going to change a thing" Thats why I bought it , I wanted a bike I didn't have to do anything to.........WELL, it's going in for the 6000 mile service and coming out with hi-swept Titaniums, airbox mod, and PCIII!!!! You know, you just can't leave it alone. It already has a windscreen, and Confusion bar end mirror ( left side only) Oh well............... :-/

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
congrats on your new car! i didn't know you could buy anything for $200 that runs :eek:. figure you have a coupla thou left over for the bike now.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
8) not only is it a regal but it is a regal limited , and it is a very attractive shade of faded brown with a brown vinyl roof !

·
Premium Member
838 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
all sanity goes out the window when you decide that upgrading the clutch to a slipper clutch and putting a set of titanium wheels on your bike this winter takes precedence over buying an electric blanket for those - 30 winter nights. You're thinking, "that's ok, just warm up the bike for a while in the garage, shut it off then hang out near the headers or exhaust cannisters - you can even cook eggs on the headers!"

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Come on Daffe, you need an electric blanket in the Bay Area?!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
- you can even cook eggs on the headers!"
You can even do toast on the pipes-----didn't someone do that a while back when he ran over a loaf of bread!!!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
ha-ha hooligans! :)

I wasn't speaking from experience.... I went riding last night (45 degrees) in my perffed leathers, summer gloves, etc. However, I DID wear a neck-warmer! Totally love that chilled-to-the-bone feeling! I have yet to submit/succumb to the electric-gear gods here in California... too much 24-7-365 riding to warrant getting an electric vest (I think it's only about 2 months or so of cold weather).

I think I should have mentioned... "better than spending money on a snow-blower!" -

Daffe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts