Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of the plastic tanks on the new 696 / 1100's finding a good tankbag that will work has been difficult for me. I don't want to strap one down, the ring system / bag connections set up wont work because the gas cap does not have exposed screws on the top....

I have been looking at suction cup styles. I found this http://www.newenoughhp.com/closeouts/luggage/rapid_transit/s5_tank_bag.html?s=a. It may not be the biggest, but it will fit my need. I do have the DP tail bag for the bike.

For $10 plus shipping I could not go wrong.

Check it out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
After doing some more research I think I'll need something more along the lines of a Nelson Rigg CL-130 bag with suction cup mounting kit. I need more space as I want to fit a DSLR in there.

newenough.com/parts/luggage/tank_bags/nelson_rigg/cl130_sport_tank_bag.html

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it but it is not really that good. The bag is fine , it just doesn't suction well. It is still pretty cool here so perhaps it will get better when it is warmer?

Jim

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the input. Do you have an opinion as to whether that is because of the quality of the product/suction cups or do you think it may just be the cold weather?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts