Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I swapped my 696+ for a 796, I didn't expect such a difference. I did fall in Love again. I loved my black 696+ but I adore my 796. I do like the sitting position on the 796, with a 696 I always get the felling that my balls getting crushed against the tank, with the 796 it feels more comfortable. And the 20mm extra height of the steering is also nice. I'am 1m85. I do like this bike :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll will load them up this evening

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gonna fix my termni later, because the ecu for a 796 wasn't in stock.

Tomorrow I'll post some new pics, gonna go to francochamps (circuit) for ducatidays.

Btw this is the first 796 selled in Belgium ;D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi from France, I just swapped out my M695 for the M796 what a fantastic bike. The finish is superb, single swing arm, red stitching on the seat etc..The engine is great, really throbs and rumbles with pops and farts on the overrun, loads of character. Done about 200 miles so far so still bedding in the brakes and tyres, but this thing corners like a fly. The seating position is slightly less aggressive than the 696/1100 but generally feels quite similar. I have the tail tidy and carbon belly pan on order, the 1/3 red rim tape is a cool idea as you only see it when moving. I loved my 695 but now I feel like I'm on a real Monster. Negatives, only one so far and that is finding neutral while the engine is running, sometimes you find it but the light doesn't come on, no big deal really and this my get better after the gears loosen up a bit, will go outside now and take some pics.

sf

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I traded her in, got a fairly decent price, could of hung on for a bit more but couldn't waite.

:) same here, traded my 696 in, got good price. Could get more if I waited, but 796 was calling for me, couldn't resist it anymore

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice bikes fellas. How is the power on the 796? Obviously a little better then the 696 but do you have any other comparisons. I am wanting to move onto a Monster now which will be my fourth Ducati (Currently on a st4) but I have also had the pleasure of owning a 1098 and HyperMotard so I am a little afraid that the 796 might disappoint me in the power department. I am not so concerned with top end but I'm a torque guy. The more like a freight train the better.............I'm thinking the 796 might be a great urban assault ride which is what I am looking for, a nice blend of power and ride-ability for urban use. The Hyper was great for torque but a little snatchy around town. I'm thinking the wet clutch will also be a little more user friendly although I have not owned a Ducati without a dry clutch. I'm also considering an S4RS since I know that will have more then enough power but kind of like the look of the newer Monster and I know there is the 1100 which is still not out of the question but a brand new one is because its more then I want to spend right now. Anyway congrats on the new bikes and thanks for any answers.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts