Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought my bike in for the 6000 mile service and splurged on an Arai Quantum II helmet. Problem is I bought the medium (they didn't have a large to try on). I road an hour and a half home and my head ached. The dealer said it was supposed to fit snug, and I always worn a medium in other brands (Shoei). Now I have a new helmet, worn once, that costs $475 that doesn't fit me! Anybody interested...it's aluminum grey...$415 shipped. http://www.araiamericas.com/Product_Tour.html
PS My girlfriend says I have an exceptially clean head...

For sizing see: http://www.araiamericas.com/Sizing.html#

The medium fits a head circumferance of 57-58cm. 59.5cm (me) is too tight.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Another option for you is to change the pads. From what I've seen, the medium and large have the same shell, just different pads.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
what color/pattern is it?

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
dang. wish you'd posted last week. i just noticed you have an S4 senna as well, so i assume it's a pretty good match. i JUST ordered another helmet from the UK (caberg trip v2).

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
no offense, but if a dealer would not trade in a brand new helmet for a different size to an already paying customer, especially when they admitted that it should not fit snug, I would be looking for a new dealer to spend my money with. offer to pay for the pads or something, thats total BS.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, but it is my fault. I tried the helmet on and thought it fit. I wore it home (150 miles), and realized it was to small...but now it is used (once)I can't expect the dealer to take back a used helmet. Anyway that was three weeks ago, and they are not going what to hear my whining at this point. That's why I'm selling it cheap...I just want to cut my loses...I you are interest make an offer.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
scoprire said:
Another option for you is to change the pads. From what I've seen, the medium and large have the same shell, just different pads.
This poster is very, very smart. He is absolutely correct. Contact a competent Arai dealer who can get you the correct cheek pads and head liner. If you are fortunate to have the right shell (because some mediums and large helmets use the same shell, and some small and medium helmets us the same shell, and hopefully you have the one that can be made into a large), then you will be able to make your helmet fit you.

Your dealer seems to suck, if they did not inform you of this information.

If you cannot find a competent Arai dealer near you, then contact these people: www.theservicepavilion.com in Ohio.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
another thing that could help you "break in" the lining is ride with a slightly damp hair. my helmet killed my head for the first week and now fits GREAT. glad i didnt change it.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
nubreed said:
no offense, but if a dealer would not trade in a brand new helmet for a different size to an already paying customer, especially when they admitted that it should not fit snug, I would be looking for a new dealer to spend my money with. offer to pay for the pads or something, thats total BS.
This is a fact. Make them get with it. Or let us know who they are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts