Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I serviced the clutch today and decided to pull 2 springs while I was at it. Took it for a 200km ride straight afterward.

Operating with 4 springs really lightens up the lever and gives a great feel. So much less tiring on the hand and it does not appear to affect the clutch efficiency except it seems to take up a fraction later in the lever travel. I was unaware of any slippage and as I am not into wheelies or drag starts, I am thinking this is a good thing I have done and it wont hurt the clutch one little bit.

I will need some new clutch plates soon as they are wearing on one side ( I flipped them this time) so I will see what it looks like when I open her up again in about 5000kms

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I did the same exact thing you did to my bike this past summer and like you said, the clutch feels light and has no problems with engaging. some of the members here were saying that some of the SBKs only ran with 4 springs instead of 6. I guess it depends on the way you ride ::). having 2 less springs help me keep the wheel on the ground anyways because I let the clutch out easier to avoid burning up the clutch.
MM

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Wusses.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Mac900 said:
+1

Although I will add that I tried the 4 spring trick on my m900 and it slipped like a mother when using throttle in or near the power band. . .

Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts