Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I want to protect my paint on my tank, but I'm not sure what the best way is. I've seen the clear vinyl (tank slappers?) and I think I'm going to go that route, unless prodded otherwise. Does anyone use the tank slappers? Any other ideas?

Your answers are appreciated!

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Keep it waxed.You sholdn't have any problems unless you wear a belt buckle.

J

·
0 Posts
I've got a carbon tank pad on a black tank, looks great(i think)
i've seen them on colored tanks looks a little off
JJ

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
I have one also. I like it and don't really worry about my tank and all anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I've seen those magnetic ones before. I might go that route. Thanks for the ideas!!!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
My magnetic tank panel doesnot move around, I have peeled up the corner occasionally, and all is fine underneath.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
i think i'd rather repaint the tank eventually than either spend money on a tank protector. i have a dark so...it shouldn't be too bad to paint.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
go for the magknight .... the full size protector won't
move around, and as previously posted, the color
matching is pretty good.

H

·
0 Posts
For anyone looking to do a tank pad cheap, Lowes (I'm sure Depot and Menards also) carry sheet magnetic material that is sold as a cover for home A/C vents. The one I have is roughly 8"x12", and is white. You can cut it down to make your own custom, and I believe the package said it was paintable. I actually use my sheet under my tank bags to prevent chaffing on the tank.

Now if only Mag-Knight would make the metallic blue w/ white stripe paint scheme. I'll just have to go with the carbon fiber for now.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
buckle area is Re: I Need Tank Protection...

I have the 3M clear bra on the tank sides where the knee goes and where the belt buckle are is, and on the entire front fairing on Il Bostro Mostro. I had them done by Modern Image in San Diego.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts