Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before any of you are allowed to post a complaint about someone bringing up a topic that has been covered multiple times before, you need to post an entry in the References to useful posts thread.

It might take 20 minutes to half an hour to do the searching for one good reference post, but we only have to do it once on each topic, then it's done.

Are any of you willing to "give something back" to this board and look up some references on the most commonly asked questions?

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've had a couple of helpers so far, with excellent results. I just need about ten more and we'll have the results we want. If you don't see the subject you're interested in, do the search and post your list of links.

If you're really ambitious, you can even try formatting the links with the subject lines.

In front of the http: part place "".
At the end uf the url, put "]["u"]" followed by the subject line on the original post. (Too much automatic formatting to put the "u" in the [] here, don't put the quotes in there, sorry)

Then at the end put "[/u]
" and you then have the nice formatting.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Scott,

One note about your suggestion to use the neat formatting.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scott,

One note about your suggestion to use the neat formatting.

It was hard for me to tell if you had already posted the article about chain replacement, because I could not readily see the http address, only how you described it. So, I think your method has both pros and cons - neat, but you can't see the full address easily, harder to know if it will be a repeat or not.

mitt
Since the orange text is always the subject line of the post that it references, you're safe when the one you're referencing has a different subject line. Otherwise you have to follow the link to make sure.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Scott, if you post detailed directions for the internet challenged among us, on how to do it, I'd do it as I go along.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Directions:

Pick a topic that has been covered at least ten times in the past six months. Figure out which keywords are likely to bring you to that topic.

Go to the top of this page and click on "Search".

Type in your keyword or words, change the maximum age since last post from 7 to 300, change how many results to display to 100, then do your search.

In a separate window, go to the references page, hit reply and start saving the good links. Make sure the links you find are relevant, then include the link and a short summary.

After you have 10-15 good links, post the message. I'll clean it up for you (unless you're willing to do the extra work).

You'll then get credit for being one of the helpful people on this board.

Topics we definitely need: good oil threads, good tire threads, should a new rider get a Monster as a first bike, which Monster should I get, what modifications should I make first, I dented my tank, now what?

There are many more. Thanks for any help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts