Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MAD is going for a ride but I've got my taste buds up for some Oyster Stew. So I am headed down to Popes Creek for some Oyster Stew and maybe even some on the half shell. I know some back roads down with some nice twisties. Destination is http://www.robertsonscrabhouse.com/tostartyourmeal/

Plan to leave around 9:30 to make lunch and then return. Route will be back roads to 28 South by Dulles, 28 south to I-66 to Prince Willima Pkwy bypass to 28 south to 616 to 17 south into Fredericksburg, pick up 218 south down to 301 and then over Potomac River Bridge. I will be 2up so pace will be moderate. I'll be leaving from Reston but we can pick another spot along the way to meet up.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We have three choices, dpending on time, Tims II rivershore at Fairview Beach - a lot closer, Capt Billys next door to Robertsons(which has already closed for the season), or several place in Colonial beach, we'll just play it by ear. - Gene

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wish I'd seen this thread in time, I could have had good food and maybe managed to meet somebody off the DML in person finally. I ended up dusting off some Stafford roads and making a run up and back on 218 this afternoon. It was a great ride until the sun went down while I was in Dahlgren, the return on 218 was a wee bit chilly...

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We had a great time, decided to go to Tims II at Fairview beach, but we still did all of 218 then turned around at 206. Awesome roads down and back, 616, 646, 652 to name a few. - Gene

1 - 4 of 4 Posts