Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What else can I do to boost my HP? are Hi Comp pistons my only mod available?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
CETME: I suspect you will not believe me at first, but if you really want more power, and you have the 750 Monster, the BEST thing to do is sell it and buy an 800, 900, S4, or 1000DS.

Although you can theoretically get more power out of your 750, it will cost you a LOT more than just trading it on a more powerful model.

In addiiton, if you do go the route of modifying the 750, remember two sobering things:

1. If it gets wrecked or stolen, your insurance company will only give you book value for a stock 750 of that vintage

2. If you sell it later (once you realize that you'll never get big power out of it), you'll get hardly ANYHTING extra for the mods you'll have made.

If you don't believe me, talk to people who have done it or thought about doing it, and talk to a couple of dealers.

Customizing a bike to your taste is one thing. Chasing big power on a small displacemernt bike is quite another.

Jim G

R

·
0 Posts
Any idea what the piper charges?
I saw around $2,000.00 to $2,500.00, on another list....
I have heard nothing but great things about MBP's work.
I know Alex praises them, and even Doug Lofgren told me to
have Guy do my heads, if I was going to big bore and head work.
The only thing I am trying to ascertain is if it can all be top work, or if indeed Carillo rods would be necessary with the higher revs. Alex?

S

·
0 Posts
i also wanted more power out of my bike. an s4 in this case. i chatted with bruce from BCM to hash out some options. he recommended bumping my s4 from 916 to 933 with high compression pistons, SPS cams, a full "spaghetti" style exhaust system, some mild headwork and a U59 ECU with appropriate mapping. in the end, he figured 120-ish HP would be the result.

sounds pretty amazing but for my money, i'm going to try to be a bit different and am stuffing a 998 motor into my bike instead. 123 hp out of the box with room for improvement down the road.

for your m750, i'd also say try to drop in a 900 motor.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
BOOST THE BEAST!!! 8)
Turbocharger or Nitrous...

Or try...
FBF 944 kit
Lighter fly-wheel
Keihin Racing Carburetors
Ram-Air ducts
Elf fuel
Stocket gearing
Lighten the bike

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I think making the bike lighter is a better way than making the bike more powerful.
Nunez's M750 at 349lbs wet was a flat-out hoot to ride.
(he just finished dropping a hopped-up 900 motor into it too guess he wanted more eventually. I think he is compensating for something...you should see the size of his truck)

Fillmore's M750 has a nice set of engine mods...
Dynacoils, 39mm flatslides, and light flywheel.
i dont think he has hi-comp pistons yet...adding those should pick up a little more torque too.

buying something more powerful is the easy way. but what fun is that? ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts