Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
come on you guys! i need to get this bike back on the road, and i need it repainted. lets see some good ideas!

so far i have got this...

of course it will be 620i.e. but you get the idea. the light part will be a pearlescent white and then probably a metallic black. with green and red striping.

landshark... is this doable?

·
Registered
975 Posts
^^^ I like that a lot!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like the style you posted a picture of. I keep thinking the white might look nice in a light tan or bone color and look more classic, just let me know when you are ready [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Landshark3 said:
I like the style you posted a picture of. I keep thinking the white might look nice in a light tan or bone color and look more classic, just let me know when you are ready [thumbsup]
You mean like the "Ducati Mecchanica" type color? That would be cool!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was thinking that too. but i guess i would have to see the colors in person. im ready. i am passing most of it off on the rents as a christmas present ;D

i will definately let you know soon. i am hoping sooner than later. my girlrfiend has told me she has noticed a major difference in my attitude since my bike was wrecked! hahah i guess i dont have it to wind down with so ive kinda been a basket case. stressful.,...

thanks for the ideas!

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
That would look real cool. The pearlescent white (like the S4R) would look really good, but I don't know about a metallic black with that. I think it could look better with the normal high gloss black and pearlescent white as a highlight. Get it back together.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Geez landshark, you gotta tell everyone about my retro color idea. :)

Nosolace, I am going to get my stripe done in the next couple of weeks hopefully (gotta order the cowl tomorrow) and I am still deciding, but the retro bone color has been my first choice for a while now. If you are still up in the air, hopefully I will be able to get everything going and done this year 2006 and very early 07 and you can see how it looks on the black before you paint.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im hoping to get the paint job and funds approved from my parents and get the ball rolling by this weekend. i really really want my bike back. im too embarrassed to ride a damaged Ducati around... i feel sinful. :angel:

·
Registered
975 Posts
I actually like the bright white like was originally posted. It looks retro yet racy at the same time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
C Fresh said:
Geez landshark, you gotta tell everyone about my retro color idea. :)
Sorry, I thought we were talking about white or a shadow of white on your bike. I don't remember anything about retro. Also those two colors I posted didn't really show the true colors I was trying to get. I think this one is closer to the look I was going for or thinking of. [thumbsup]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
A bone or off white is what I want. I have some mock-ups and I will send you later tonight. It is difficult to get a seat cowl in fiberglass or plastic right now. 3 weeks from dealer already painted black, the ones on ebay are in Italy so who knows how long.

Nosolace get that thing going and get back out there.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im tryin man im trying. i just got my new brake master clinder and lever, ordered the ignition switch today, im trading seats with michmonster. and i just need new mirrors. and she will be rideable.

·
Registered
975 Posts
You don't need no stinkin' mirrors.... well, maybe at least one. A buddy of mine only has a 1" round mirror stuck on the inside of his fairing on his R1. I think the R stands for retard (just kidding buddy...!) ;D

Anyway, didn'y Rule62 have some stock mirrors since rule 63 is "replace your mirrors"? Or are you waiting on some stocking stuffers?

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
I got the mirrors (stock) if you want 'em. Either that or you could pick up some cheap-o's at the bicycle shop like I did.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rule. i would definately like the mirrors. ;D let me know how/when i can grab em? you want anything for them?

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
See you just gotta ask sometimes. Check another thing off the list. You can have my stock license plate, big behemoth, fugly thing if oyu want. ;D

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
PM'd ya about the mirrors. Probably easiest to catch me at work. Other than that, I've got a box of misc parts (fender, plate mount, beer tray, nuts & bolts) that I've taken off the "banana". If you're ever in South Phoenix (16th an Southern) gimme a call. You can take a look and if there's anything you need...
My stock pipes were gonna go on eBay sometime this week but it's better juju to keep it amongst friends. [thumbsup]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts