Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have the 1200s with full termi exhaust and map installed.

corner abs great to have but didn’t stop me buying bike without it. How many times your mid corner slamming on brakes? I actually spoke with with Bosch about getting it retrofitted as they do on BMW AND KTM. Can’t be done btw been riding long enough rain, hail and shine and comes from experience.

act like a pro on it? Meh given the expense of it not that many do as who wants the repair bill As much more expense then a Japanese bike.

you can add on steering dampener as I had and is needed.

there is little all differences between them and my time with it I would prefer the new street fighter v4 tbh

how often are you going to ride it and how much you want to spend for a garage filler is the ultimate Q. Puts a smile on the dial and what you want is the short of it.

There will always be a newer and better model out

·
Registered
7 Posts
My experience is similar to yours (60 y/o).
I rode every Ducati model and really wanted the new 1200 Monster: but the price tag was just too much to justify.
Ended up buying a 2012 1100 EVO. Has the hp and torque you are looking for with all the nannies (adjustable and can be turned off). You can find good ones for under $8,000 ( or less with some miles and fewer farkles).
For me, this was the right Ducati, at the right valuation and all the safety features you want.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My experience is similar to yours (60 y/o).
I rode every Ducati model and really wanted the new 1200 Monster: but the price tag was just too much to justify.
Ended up buying a 2012 1100 EVO. Has the hp and torque you are looking for with all the nannies (adjustable and can be turned off). You can find good ones for under $8,000 ( or less with some miles and fewer farkles).
For me, this was the right Ducati, at the right valuation and all the safety features you want.
That’s what I have as well and wholeheartedly agree with you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thank you all for all the great responses so far.
Yes I am in the USA. Generally speaking I can fly to most places, stay 2 nights and fly back and ship the bike home all for around or less than a thousand dollars.
I would rather fly and ride (if close enough. Or have a friend drive me and ride home.)
Test riding is the biggest hangup here in GA. Over 18 inches of rain since January 1st... and only 7 days in February without rain so far.
I will not buy something I cannot ride. (at least a version of it...) Some dealers do not do test rides. Others do not have what I want... Only what they want to sell.
I started this journey thinking of buying new. But after reading an article on a forum (this one? another?) asking why do so many used Ducatis have such low mileage... I started looking and WOW some great deals out there.

Of course that led me to even more research about even older models.
I think I have stopped thinking of other brands, but now there are so many different models of monsters...
Maybe its good its still raining.
I just want to buy within the next month while I am looking at winter prices... Not spring prices...

Thanks
Rex

21 - 26 of 26 Posts