Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A person in my area has a 1998 ducati monster 750 for sale for $3800 with 14k miles on it. The bike has dual front disc brakes, high pipes and slip ons. The bike has also had its 12k service checkup.

What do you guys think? is it a good deal (assuming its in good shape)? I'll definetly be taking a friend who knows alot about motorcycles to check it out. This will be my first bike so i'm hoping it'll make a greater starter bike like the 620 (i just wished that the 750 had fi like the 620!).

Are there any issues with 1998 750 monsters that i should know about?

Thanks!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback MonsterHooligan.

Previously i was only considering new monsters because i've heard that older monsters can have alot of "character". This deal looked pretty good and i would definetly save alot of $$ compared to buying a new 620.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've got a 98 M750 with 19k on the clock and it runs great.

What you're looking at sounds like a very good deal with the extras.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Previously i was only considering new monsters because i've heard that older monsters can have alot of "character". This deal looked pretty good and i would definetly save alot of $$ compared to buying a new 620.
We don't really consider '98s and '99s to be "old Monsters."
They're the last of the carbed bikes and as such were pretty well sorted out. OK 750s were still carbed in 2000. You know what I mean.

I'd say you're onto something good there, assuming it checks out.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I don't know, maybe it was the deal of the century, but about a month ago, I saw an 01' 620 dark with 3000 miles for $3500, maybe that was a great deal, but it seems that the FI 620's can be had pretty cheap if you keep your eyes open.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw an 01' 620 dark with 3000 miles for $3500, maybe that was a great deal, but it seems that the FI 620's can be had pretty cheap if you keep your eyes open.
wow a 620 for $3500! i've never seen any 620s for that price unless it was crashed and repaired or something.

I've got some more detailed info from the 750 owner. It has new tires, a dual disc front, Leo Vinci Carbon Fiber high pipes, jetted,corbin seat, billet clip-ons, and it is red.

droool! :D

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
sounds like this bike is tugging at your hart strings. bring a less emotionally involved mc knowledgable person with you. if the bike pans out, buy it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
good advice howie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts