Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know there are a thousand threads on tail chops, but I haven't seen what tools anyone used to cut the frame. Unless I can use some allen wrenches and a hammer I am going to have to buy something.

What is the best tool to cut the frame?

I am sure everyone loves the Pro Italia kit, but has anyone been disapointed with it?

'preciate it

Chris

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just use a hack saw. make sure u tape it off where u want to cut first. Don;t waste your money with a cutoff wheel or angle grinder. Just take your time with a nice new bladew with a hack saw. then file the edges, u are done

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
It shows right in the FAQ the two obvious choices, Dremmel tool or hacksaw. If you cut it too close the Dremmel can't get all the way in there, so you still need to use the hacksaw.

So go get a hacksaw and get to work.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I like 03monster800's tail chop, I am really thinking hard on doing mine like that!
Hey Herb, what do ya say, should I chop it or not!!?? ;D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used a hand held grinder with a cutoff wheel on it.

Nice clean cut in 10 seconds flat.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like 03monster800's tail chop, I am really thinking hard on doing mine like that!
Hey Herb, what do ya say, should I chop it or not!!?? ;D

Chop it, Baby!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hand held Dremel with a cutter wheel should do the trick

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I can't beilieve I didn't check the FAQ. THanks for the advice. I happen to have a Dremmel at the lab. I'll just have to "borrow" it for a weekend. Hopefully I'll have pics in a week or two.

Thanks Again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts