Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find that nipple - I think that's going to be what it comes down to.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Jacob has two, maybe three nipples, see if you can twist one for the benefit of your car.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Visolara said:
Jacob has two, maybe three nipples, see if you can twist one for the benefit of your car.
you know

I'm a pretty sensitive guy

my feelings get hurt easily

THe only way I have to defend against the cold dark world is to be the first one who fires off with the nasty comments

But

I don't want to be that guy

I just want to be loved

But

Not here

Between the Fire dept and you guys

I am seriously abused, and on top of the abuse, you want help

And you wonder why there is two jacobs

Fracturing my own mind is the only way to survive

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Mother said:
you know

I'm a pretty sensitive guy

my feelings get hurt easily

THe only way I have to defend against the cold dark world is to be the first one who fires off with the nasty comments

But

I don't want to be that guy

I just want to be loved

But

Not here

Between the Fire dept and you guys

I am seriously abused, and on top of the abuse, you want help

And you wonder why there is two jacobs

Fracturing my own mind is the only way to survive
We will still hang with you, even with one less nipple.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, you guys with me through thick and thin or what? You gonna come help me do dishes next week?

I ordered the nipple from Rasmussen BMW, it's going to take a couple days for them to get it, which means, barring a miracle, I'm on dish duty from Wednesday to mid-November.

Unless Ian were to make me a 10x1.5 threaded insert that has a 10mm water hose nipple on the other side, with a means to tighten it....

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
toolfan said:
So, you guys with me through thick and thin or what? You gonna come help me do dishes next week?

I ordered the nipple from Rasmussen BMW, it's going to take a couple days for them to get it, which means, barring a miracle, I'm on dish duty from Wednesday to mid-November.

Unless Ian were to make me a 10x1.5 threaded insert that has a 10mm water hose nipple on the other side, with a means to tighten it....
Dewd

You could make that

out of pipe and have it threaded

you could pro'lly find it at just about any hardware or fastener company

be creative

I'll see if my pops can come up with anything

as far as dishes, unless you feed me you're out of luck.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mother said:
Dewd

You could make that

out of pipe and have it threaded

you could pro'lly find it at just about any hardware or fastener company

be creative

I'll see if my pops can come up with anything

as far as dishes, unless you feed me you're out of luck.
Yeah, I was trying to think of something - how about this - get pipe of the correct diameter, and a bolt of the correct diameter/threading, then have someone with a lathe drill through the bolt, and flare the pipe to hold it in...
of course, the part is $13 and will be here in a few days.... so that's probably the only truly feasible solution.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well. I've accepted my fate. I will lose the bet.

But that means, I can do my break-in run sunday morning, delaminating tires be damned - germantown road here we come.

I can't remember what exactly I put in this motor - but I believe it'll be a bit of a bitch on anything but premium, and 20% over stock hp will be easily attainable with different carbs. Maybe even more.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Thats to bad, your so close too. Need help with any of the last minute stuff, let me know.

Maurice

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Visolara said:
Thats to bad, your so close too. Need help with any of the last minute stuff, let me know.

Maurice
basically it's down to setting up the battery relocate, doing the remaining wiring (some of which will be included in the battery job) and plumbing... but I have to wait till I get that fitting to do the plumbing, and I was going to get an optima red top at costco, so I might as well wait for that as well. Last night I put the motor at TDC, put on the valve cover gasket and filled it with oil. Tonight I might set the timing (static, starting point), and put in that last exhaust stud, remount the radiator (I got the screws). It's a pain in the ass working at night, so I might just wait until saturday morning.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
ducatizzy said:
This is what happens when you browse the same website with multiple tabs.

Wrong thread.
You and Jacob must drink at the same bar.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Green Bastard said:
I still dont hear that basard running. :police:
I got the nipple yesterday. I'm going to Cali this afternoon, so, no work until sunday at the earliest.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Green Bastard said:
I blame myself I wasnt there to drunk your beer and swear a lot while spouting so gay **** that make Jake a bit confused about his own sexual orientation.
I let you down buddy sorry.
was there sluring in that type?

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
toolfan said:
I got the nipple yesterday. I'm going to Cali this afternoon, so, no work until sunday at the earliest.
by the way Big-E, good luck on your test !!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts