Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread does not add much content, and I doubt I will express any emotion that everyone here does not know, but bear with me on this...

I have been riding bikes only for about 9 years...

had 4 jap bikes, then got my first monster 750 in 1997

Sold it two years later due to kids and other influences (my wife sold her jap sportbike at the same time)

Was without bike and SICK about it since Nov, 2003. Then, my wife, who understands me, took pity on my pain and got me a 2002 m750sie for our anniversary (she later bought a Suzuki gs500 for herself.... but she keeps eyeing my monster...)

I have been on that bike almost every day since I got it. However, for the last week I have not ridden for various reasons... had sort of the wandering eye for bikes as well... started looking at getting a japanese "liter" bike... thought to myself, "hey.. maybe it would be cool to do a roll on wheelie at 70 mph".

Then, tonight, I ran down to the grocery store on the monster to get some beer.

The kid that rang me out could not stop drooling over my bike.
Some skater punks cheered me on as I drove by at a blistering 25mph.
I realized that I am not talented enough to exploit the m750 to it's fullest extent.

I love my Monster. Would not trade it for the world. If I had to buy another bike today, it would be a monster. Hands down.

S

·
0 Posts
sweet. you make me want one even more. I can relate...I drove an old diesel benz for about 6 months, then recently got back into my good old porsche 944......I love the reactions I get from little kids and adults alike, and i love the way it fits me like a glove. I can imagine this is quite close to how you feel about your monster. Cant wait to get mine!

·
Registered
392 Posts
The same with me, I still have a hard time believeing all the attention I get with my monster, and i ride a 620. A great bike but I thought the kind of attention I get would be reserved for an S4 or a SBK. The more i ride it the more i love it, to me it never feels under powered

·
Registered
73 Posts
I can't believe I didn't get a Monster sooner...the styling is so darned classic. I remember back to all of the articles I've read comparing naked bikes and all the possible choices I had. There is no comparison. [smiley=waytogo.gif] [smiley=waytogo.gif] [smiley=waytogo.gif]

·
Registered
392 Posts
;DRe: I love my monster

Sounds like you know what to do.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I think that all the time...

after I come back from a ride and have tucked her away in the garage, as I walk to the house I am thinking, "Gosh, I really love that little bike, she is most wonderful!" My chest is swelled with pride and joy!! ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts