Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst recently out and about on these Sunny SoCal roads, I was, shall we say, 'seriously advised' by a Glendale Motor Officer to correct the 'angle of view' of the tail chop bracket/license plate holder on my '02 750.
In fact, Mr. Officer made it clear to me that if I didn't 'modify' (meaning "Bend The Bracket So That We Law Enforcement Types Can See Your Plate From 500 Feet Away") before leaving the gas station I was at that I'd be CITED IMMEDIATELY.
He then advised me that it would only take 30 seconds to bend the bracket. Law Enforcement with Fabrication and Modification skills. My tax dollars at work!
And to think all I wanted to do was just get some gas... :p

"OK Officer, Right Away Sir." [laugh]

As I was bending said bracket, I noticed that I could also benefit from changing the rear tail light lens to a Buell unit that had the clear section on the bottom, all the better forletting the local Law Enforcement Types see my plate from 500 feet away.

One phone call and a short jaunt to the local Harley venue netted me a Buell Tail Light dealie for $10. Installed in 5 minutes.

I'm all legal and in compliance again...
Cheap.

;)

SJ

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
hello.............

pics

;D

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I just learned something new.

I cut the bottom of my light and glued in a piece of clear plexi . I would have gladly paid the $10 for a buell unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.