Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my bike used. The previous owner had installed a nice set of CF Forza slip-ons. I love the look, and the sound. (I likey the noisy.) However, in the interest of neighborhood peace, my sleeping children, and small yappy dogs (a.k.a. squishables) I would like to tone it down a bit.
I could find some stock scilencers...but maybe I could pack the Forzas? Throw me some options. I like choises.
Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
hiero said:
find some db killer inserts (baffles) that will fit the inlet, that'll accomplish what you want
you should indeed be able to find a competent exhaust guru capable of fabbing something in a couple hours.

Q

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Sorry but loud=good in my book. Just try to idle past those that are offended. Or you can rip past them too, you know whatever. Seriously though many manufacturers of pipes also offer some kind of additional baffle insert. You can even make your own if need be.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I'm not certain of this but I think that the staintunes are quieter. (Someone chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.)

--Jeff

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
friedduck said:
I'm not certain of this but I think that the staintunes are quieter. (Someone chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.)

--Jeff
Staintunes quieter!!! ;D [laugh] HA! Smoother yes,... quieter? no. - Chris

ps, I have staintunes on my monster.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I installed a set of DB killers in my Remus cans last summer. They made a big difference in the quality of the sound from my pipes - the sound is bassier now - and, in my opinion, has a less irritating sound. I didn't do a before/after sound reading but the rumble is muted with the killers. They took the rattle out of my pipes and left a nice, deep grumble which is the sound I was after.

http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=48749.0

1 - 10 of 10 Posts