Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...but I've been lurking on here for the last three months since getting my S2R and thought it was about time to show myself and my newly finished exhaust mod. I used 1 3/4" automotive exhaust pipe. I got it free from a local exhaust shop! I took it home, mocked it up, took it to work and hacked away at it. I was able to use the stock exhaust clamps from the factory setup. Once fab-ed, I hit them with some aluminum color high temp paint and BAM! Total cost was $4.68 for the paint and just a little bit of my time. Dropped close to 15lbs with this setup. This should hold me over till next year when I get an Ex Box for it. And don't rag on me about the tail! I don't really like the bobbed look. DP short tray is on order soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
w00t! nice job... but about that fender. (j/k) [thumbsup]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I was surprised by the sound coming from just the cat. It's got a nice burble too it that"s definitley better than the stock purr. Certainly not compared to aftermarket non-McGuyverized units! It'll do for now.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
pfft... don't be modest. now it roars! Cut the top of the airbox off and you've got a symphony of tyranosaurs and sabertooths. (or something like that).

I have the same setup minus the nifty pipes you made and it sounds so much better it's ridiculous. I can see where somebody might say that it's too loud, but until john law tells me otherwise I'm not corking it, not one little bit. Just needs some powdercoating is all.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Very nice work, simple, elegant, and cheap.

Now chop that tail. [laugh]

I kid, I kid, at least you're getting a half tray to get rid of that God aweful fender license holder type hideous thing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This post was from awhile ago and I've since replaced the tips I made for a custom welded set in stainless. They're made from 2 inch piping with a welded neck-down to fit the exhaust openings on the cat. Still only cost me about 60 bucks. Here's a pic. (This was taken before the licence plate relocator as well) I'm still gonna do the short tail, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Mike D said:
And don't rag on me about the tail! I don't really like the bobbed look.
It really doesnt matter what you want anymore! ;D [laugh]

I have the same bike. Will post up my Ex-box pics as soon as it comes in the mail this week. I am also chopping the tail on mine in case you change your mind....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts