Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was finally able to sell my 2001 YZF600r. I really liked that bike but it's time for something new. The whole time I had that bike I wanted the Yamaha FZ1. So my plan was to get that bike now. It has a cool half fairing, it has fully adjustable shocks (I never adjusted them on my last bike), it has a split seat which I think looks cool and it has more power than I'll ever use. Then I came across a used 2009 696. It looks cool, sounds cool, power to weight should be nice and I think the riding position will be good, . I'm hesitant about the air cooled engine. I'm 6ft and I'm worried it's too short for me. I keep reading that the seat pushes you into the tank and it's going to be a hike if I ever need service I can't do myself. I mainly just like having a commuter bike and at most I'd go on about 2 hour trips. I don't deal with traffic and I rarely go on the highway.
Every one has an opinion; please share yours.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Get it.

You're on a monster board. what else did you expect me to say? ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Either option is good... you need to take the bike for a spin, that should be the deal breaker.

The Fz1 is lovely, I was between that one the triumph street triple R and the monster 696, I ended up with the 696 after having tested the three. It was a though decision since the triumph was (is) also a fantastic bike. But since I'm not very tall and haven't riden a bike for almost 7 years the 696 felt better.

If you test the options you'll make the right choice. Don't worry about air-cooled, no issues with that.

Regards,
Lucas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts